MARILYN MANSON Says 'SAY10' Album Will Be 'Pretty Violent In Its Nature'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Marilyn Manson spoke to Rolling Stone about his upcoming album, "SAY10", which is tentatively due in February 2017. According to the shock-rocker, the material for the follow-up to 2015's "The Pale Emperor" was once again written with composer Tyler Bates while the latter worked on the score for "Salem". "It's not very much in any way like 'The Pale Emperor'," Manson said. "The people who have heard the new songs said it reminded them of their favorite parts of 'Antichrist Superstar' and 'Mechanical Animals' — but with a new, different approach. "It's pretty violent in its nature for some reason," he continued. "And it's not emotional in the same way. It's got a chip on its shoulder. I enjoyed doing it. I can't wait for people to hear it. I think they're going to be quite surprised." During an interview at the Alternative Press Music Awards in July, Manson stated about the "SAY10" album title: "It's not even a pun. It's worse than a pun. It's wordplay." "The Pale Emperor" was released via the singer's own label — Hell, etc. — in a joint venture with Cooking Vinyl and Loma Vista Recordings.

Continue reading...