Marshall Law

MysticX9

Feb 27, 2002
Macon, GA
Any fans of this enduring British band here? I finally heard RAZORHEAD, some killer stuff in the Judas Priest/Vicious Rumors/Fight mold, hope they make it to the U.S. for a tour at some point...:kickass:

I've had a copy of Metal Detector sitting on my shelf for years, that I think I listened to once. Maybe I'll dust it off one of these days...

Is one of those bands I hear about but never took time to check, I'll do someday eventually.

I don´t like too much Marshall Law. IMO, their best album is "Warning from history" but maybe a little too much Judas Priest influenced.

About "Razorhead" it has a BIG problem: running time. 70 minutes is too long if you´re not able to write a masterpiece. That means a lot of fillers. However there are 3 or 4 songs I like a lot: "Gods of deception", power ballad "Nothing last forever", "Hell on earth" and "Necromancer".

I have their debut CD at home. Love it, I first heard it together with Helloween's 'Pink Bubbles' and IMHO it blew Helloween away. Nice pre-power metal.

Yes, "Marshall Law" from 1989 is by far their best album. Still heavy, but much more melodic compared to the later stuff. Follow-up "Power Game" (really hard to find I think) was also excellent, but had a "too bassy" production.

I like several tracks from the more recent albums (including "Razorhead", which is indeed too long as one mentioned), but they added too much "modern" inlfuences. They're still influenced by Priest, but not the Priest I like, the "Jugulator" one...They are trying to be "too heavy" IMO. They should have stuck with their more melodic style.