MARTY FRIEDMAN Featured In FANTA's Japanese Commercial

Guile

PPUSA circa 2005
Sep 14, 2009
Florida
www.roadiecrew.net
Taken from Blabbermouth. Can someone tell WHY??????????????

A nationwide press conference and a live appearance on Japan's number one daytime TV program, "Waratte Iitomo", officially announced that former MEGADETH guitarist Marty Friedman and the "rock band FANTA" have launched their TV commercial campaign for 2010.
The first commercial aired in late February but all the members were in semi-disguise. On March 10, the second commercial reveals Friedman blasting his guitar for the popular Coca Cola product, Fanta.
Friedman's likeness is currently displayed on Fanta bottles all across Japan as of today, March 10. There are several other special products featuring Marty, DVDs, shirts, posters and more that will be available for the winning during this extravagant campaign.
The "rock band FANTA" features other Japanese household names, Takamizawa (The Alfee), Nana Tanimura, Ayanocozey (DJ OZMA) and sumo superstar Akebono. Extensive promotion will continue throughout the year for this project, which is currently a major topic of discussion among the Japanese media.
There is a huge shroud of mystery regarding what kind of music this superband would or could ever make.
For more information, visit Fanta.jp.
At the Fanta web site you can see the first two commercials that are currently on air as well as see behind-the-scenes footage of the making of the commercials as well as interviews and more.

:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
The first commercial aired in late February but all the members were in semi-disguise. On March 10, the second commercial reveals Friedman blasting his guitar for the popular Coca Cola product, Fanta.
/QUOTE]

HEY MILTON LOOK HERE!!!! IT IS FOR COKE!!

:lol: Check above.

lolrus2.gif

I've heard several times Marty is freakin' HUGE in Japan. They must love their shred guitarists, because I know Yngwie was a beast over there as well.

Marty isn't popular as a legitimate musician so much as a mainstay on talk/variety shows here. His face is incredibly famous, and any Japanese person could tell you his name after seeing his picture. But I think very few people (myself included, until recently) could tell you which band he was from.
So...it's not so much about shred ability, just him being a goofy long-haired gaijin that people have become used to seeing. He speaks fluent Japanese and has apparently lived here for quite some time, so that also explains a lot about why he's so popular.
As for the Fanta "band", it's just a silly advertising ploy. Nothing more.