Marty Friedman - The Lost Lesson (1998)

Nice, thanks for that. I always liked Marty. His picking style always bugged me, (looking at it) for some reason it makes me feel uncomfortable. :loco:

Another dude I like is Alex Skolnick!

This intro will never get boring for me. :headbang:

Visit YT is the vid don't show up. "Embedding disabled by request"

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody else try to sync up the "chord progression in my head" part of the Marty video with a clip of Hotel California on YouTube? He was pretty spot on with the key and tempo.:headbang:

Marty's always been a hero of mine for ages and this video proves why even more. A true guitar genius.

Anybody else try to sync up the "chord progression in my head" part of the Marty video with a clip of Hotel California on YouTube? He was pretty spot on with the key and tempo.:headbang:

i second that - it was right all the way through except for i think it was 1 bum note during the end of his solo but thats understandable

Another dude I like is Alex Skolnick!

+1

Ive seen Testament live 2 times, both times i stood absolute front left just to be able to watch him play!
I was actually kind of choked the second time i saw them @ Priest Feast, because he seemed to recognize me after seeing them @ Sweden Rock.
On the other hand, everybody stood still around us @ Sweden Rock, and me and my friends thrashed the shit out of the place! :headbang:

Btw, does anyone know if they released a DVD from the "Formation of Damnation"-tour? Because we had like 3 cameras pointed at us the whole concert. o,0

Thanks for posting this Shane. Marty was the one that inspired me to even pick-up a guitar and start playing. This video is awesome.

I would also suggest you check out his "Melodic Control" vhs video he did a long time ago. He takes this lesson to the next level, and it's a lot more thorough.

never really been into him before, but sure am now.... but he meets the number one criteria for lead players for me... being Tasteful.
for the anthesis of this, see steve vai...
anyhoo definately gonna check out some more of his stuff

never really been into him before, but sure am now.... but he meets the number one criteria for lead players for me... being Tasteful.
for the anthesis of this, see steve vai...
anyhoo definately gonna check out some more of his stuff

You should definitely check out his solo albums. If you want tasteful and melodic, I would suggest listening to "Scenes" and "Introduction" -- those are his two lighter more mellow solo albums.

I also love "Dragon's Kiss", "True Obsessions", and "Tokyo Jukebox". Those are my top 5 favorite Marty solo albums. The others are ok in my opinion, but these are great. I also love anything he did with Megadeth.

Jesus christ :worship: So fluid, though if I were the interviewer I might be uncomfortable being at the receiving end of that open-mouthed stare while Marty tore it up :lol:

I met him recently!

A very nice guy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16201982@N04/3691772964/

:headbang: