Maryand Deathfest 10

Aug 14, 2008
Some weird choices (Anvil?!?!), but otherwise a killer group of bands.

MDF X
May 24-27, 2012

MORBID ANGEL
SAINT VITUS
MORGOTH (Germany)
ANVIL (Canada)
SUFFOCATION
CHURCH OF MISERY (Japan)
DEMIGOD (Finland)
GHOUL
UNSANE
MACABRE
THE DEVIL'S BLOOD (Netherlands)
BETHLEHEM (Germany)
NEGURA BUNGET (Romania)
TODAY IS THE DAY
ULCERATE (New Zealand)
THE DAY EVERYTHING BECAME NOTHING (Australia)
DRAGGED INTO SUNLIGHT (UK)
AGENTS OF ABHORRENCE (Australia)
NAUSEA (California)
BLOODY PHOENIX

Outside of Saint Vitus, I have no interest in any of this. This past year I really did want to go, but it just wasn't possible. Anvil is indeed strange and after the latest debacle that was Morbid Angel's latest, I wonder how many people this is going to pull in.

I don't know you guys, Suffocation, Demigod, Ghoul, Dragged Into Sunlight, Negura Bunget, Today is The Day, and Morgoth already make this lineup better than last years if you ask me. I am hoping for more grind and hardcore acts to be announces though.

I don't know you guys, Suffocation, Demigod, Ghoul, Dragged Into Sunlight, Negura Bunget, Today is The Day, and Morgoth already make this lineup better than last years if you ask me. I am hoping for more grind and hardcore acts to be announces though.

Heh, I don't really care about any of those bands except for Suffocation, Morgoth, and Demigod, and by the time this rolls around, I'll have seen 2 of those 3. Morbid Angel is a great announcement, Church of Misery's gonna be balls heavy, Ulcerate is one of the best DM bands of recent years, and The Devil's Blood is fantastic. It's definitely a nice lineup though and this fest usually has 50-60 bands, so there's plenty more to be announced.

Yes with all those extreme metal bands like Saint Vitus, Ghost, and In Solitude.

Ghost was a replacement band like a month before the last MDF happened because most of the members were already there with Repugnant. In Solitude was a replacement the week before the show since they also share members with Repugnant and Ghost. They barely even count. There's never been a band like Anvil actually properly booked for the festival. The only thing that comes remotely close is Pentagram 2 years ago.

I don't see what's so strange about Anvil being on it.

Well, while there have been thrash/thrashish bands on the lineups I've seen announced, from what I recall most of them typically have been of the heavier variety. Anvil definitely is on the lighter side of thrash so to speak.

It'll be interesting to see what pans out. One of the reasons their announcement is so big is because everyone knows they can't get into the country for some reason or other. Dunno if they're gonna have session musicians or something or how it's gonna work out. Still, beyond excited.

Ouch!!!!

EW is at the top of the genre.

Realistically, they can come into the country. One member had some robbery charges and one assaulted a police officer, but they're ex-members as of 03 or so. Not sure why they haven't been here in recent years.