Mass Effect OST

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
Listening to this thing in full quality.... holy analog synth, batman. Get a nice hard-on every time that throbbing Moog comes swirling back.

Also, it's very similar to the new Tron soundtrack. Both are pretty awesome, even though I'm much more of an ambient/orchestral guy at heart.

Such a shame that the mixing market for music like this is so small... I'd make the switch from metal any day of the week, and twice on Sundays.

Jep the Mass Effect soundtracks are awesome. A few days ago a friend and me were listening to all of them on youtube.. for like 2 hours..
Gonna buy the OST for sure. Gives me goosebumples every time I listen to it.

edit: :( Just realized you can't buy it on DVD / CDs here, only mp3 download. This sucks.

Can't you order it from overseas, jipchen?

The download-only mp3 thing is an insult to music.
I couldn't find the OST on cd neither here nore in other countries. :err:
Unless we're talking about the Mass Effect (1) OST, the CD is available von the german amazon site.
But I really want the ME2 soundtrack, which is even better. A LOT better.
If someone finds the ME2 Soundtrack on CD, I'll lick his balls. :saint:

Yeah, I hate mp3 downloads!
I want the fucking CD in my hands and be free to choose the samplerate when I decide to convert it to mp3/others, and copy the files without some stupid DRM.

How stupid could someone possibly be and say "Oh, we won't release the Mass Effect 2 Soundtrack on CD, it's not that special at all"
They sell shitloads of stupid t-shirts, cups, backpacks, cards... but not the awesome soundtrack that made probably 60% of the whole gaming experience.
Rrrrriiight!

EDIT: I'd even buy the ME2 Collector's Edition for 100€, but it comes without the soundtrack. Wait, what? :lol:

Yeah, the synths and style of both OST's are awesome, though while I get chills whenever I hear the opening/main theme of ME1, and think most of the music in the cinematics is equally good, the in-game music really doesn't compare IMO; the C-sec and Presidium themes, the various planet-exploring music, etc., all just kinda leave me cold, which is disappointing. ME2 was a big improvement in this regard as I recall, but I too haven't been able to find the OST for it, so I can't really judge it until I hear it on its own (though the battle music was definitely VASTLY improved, big time pumped-up there :kickass: )

Have a listen on Youtube Marcus! I know it's shit quality and especially with such an epic soundtrack it's pure blasphemy..
but I get chills from pretty much every song on the OST nevertheless.
Especially "suicide mission", "the end run", "collectors base" and "jump drive" are EPIC. Love all others, though.
The music in the various clubs is unfortunately not included in the OST, but can be found on youtube either.. and some of the tracks are effing awesome!

I feel for those game composers. Their art gets so overlooked by the zit-faced idiots who praise the games themselves, and don't realize it was the music creating 50% of the immersion for them.

If you guys are after something that sounds HUGE, check out the Borderlands OST. The stuff by Sascha and Cris is some of the best mixed music I've ever heard. It will backdoor your subs in the best way. Also 'Welcome to the Wastelands' by Jesper Kyd is probably the best minute and a half of ambiance I've ever heard in my life. Pure genius.

I feel for those game composers. Their art gets so overlooked by the zit-faced idiots who praise the games themselves, and don't realize it was the music creating 50% of the immersion for them.
Jep, it's really sad. A few friends of mine show me "new" soundtracks about every week, and there are so many awesome sounds/songs..
If you guys are after something that sounds HUGE, check out the Borderlands OST. The stuff by Sascha and Cris is some of the best mixed music I've ever heard. It will backdoor your subs in the best way. Also 'Welcome to the Wastelands' by Jesper Kyd is probably the best minute and a half of ambiance I've ever heard in my life. Pure genius.
Haha yeah, I played Borderlands (only a little, though) and loved the soundtrack. You should probably check out the "Neotokyo" soundtrack (HL2 mod).

By the way, have you recieved / read my email about the Smart-UPS unit? :D

Ermz, you should check out the new Tron soundtrack. I'm not really a big daft punk fan, but the minimalist syth stuff with real orchestrations is pretty fucking unique and cool sounding. A friend of mine runs the local IMAX theater and he bought a Tron arcade machine for the opening, it was having issues so I fixed it and he gave me a box of all kinds of Tron stuff...including the OST.

If you like this kind of atmosphere in music, you should listen to Solar Fields. I've been hooked to it for a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just listened to the song "The Normandy Reborn" (from ME2 OST) and.. DAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYUUMMMNNNN IT'S SO FUCKING GOOOD! :lol:
I'll have a listen to the Solar Fields stuff when I'm done cleaning all the jizz out of my pants.

Hmm, it seems there are multiple ME2 soundtracks; one for the main themes, one for the combat music, and one for the atmospheric stuff. At least they're not all the same price, and I suppose there's too much material to cram into one OST, but still...

Fuck it, guess I'll have to buy 'em all :D