MASTERY song updates and samples...

Thanks for the update Billy. The new Mastery songs are awesome!! Can't wait to hear the rest of the new album.

I love Billy and always supported his musical choices (or else I wouldn't be on this board), but I'm disappointed to say that I really don't like this Mastery stuff :erk:

Billy's voice clashes with the more trashy style of the music. No matter how many times I listen and try to get into it, I just can't...

But of course best of luck with the new band Billy. Better to see you active in music than not :headbang:

I love Billy and always supported his musical choices (or else I wouldn't be on this board), but I'm disappointed to say that I really don't like this Mastery stuff :erk:

Billy's voice clashes with the more trashy style of the music. No matter how many times I listen and try to get into it, I just can't...

But of course best of luck with the new band Billy. Better to see you active in music than not :headbang:

I got to be honest here- I personally don't give a rats ass what anyone thinks. It's line level- no EQ, No Compression and No Effects! Why would I care what anyone thinks??? This is my life, No one drives me to work and I havent made money from SOD/MOD in 10 years. Get over it.

Hey bro I was jus giving my opinion and I certainly know that you don't give a rat's ass what I think. I've been here long enough to know that you do your own thing no matter what people think and stick to it, and I've respected you alot over the years exactly for that!

I said I don't like it but also said that I'm happy you're still making music and wished you the best of luck. Apologies if you felt insulted, not my intention...

Hey bro I was jus giving my opinion and I certainly know that you don't give a rat's ass what I think. I've been here long enough to know that you do your own thing no matter what people think and stick to it, and I've respected you alot over the years exactly for that!

I said I don't like it but also said that I'm happy you're still making music and wished you the best of luck. Apologies if you felt insulted, not my intention...

Too be honest, The vocals lots of people don"t like because i dont sound like I'm 20 years old anymore. I would much rather come out a new thing and fail then rehash a tired old thing with 4 flat tires and no gas.. It's just time to let it go. I have no desire to be the singer of SOD and will only do MOD for fun or a benefit if it helps someone. Most people can't get over the fact that I got old, But i have also grown on so many levels. No need for apologies unless it comes from me too you and I do apologize! Freedom of thought and expression is the only reason this message board exists!

Actually there is absolutely nothing wrong with your voice, it's the good ol' Billy from MOD. I wouldn't change that, it sounds like your latest MOD albums. It's strictly a matter of personal taste and the music doesn't do it for me, and I still think it's an odd pairing (your hc-style vocals + early trash metal) but considering everybody likes it besides me, who cares right?

While we actually have you on the board, how would you say the experience of making and recording an album has changed from your early M.O.D. years to these days with Mastery? Do you still approach it the same way?

Thanks bro!

how would you say the experience of making and recording an album has changed from your early M.O.D. years to these days with Mastery? Do you still approach it the same way?

Thanks bro!

Too be honest it was and is the biggest pain in the ass I have ever had to deal with. I love hardcore and punk rock as well as all sorts of metal but this record has no real 4-4 timing and when it does its only for a moment. There are some easy songs but singing as hard as you can for 2 hours a day is brutal on the body and my balls. haha, I think mastery is an awesome band and this is way different than anything else i have done. On one hand I look forward to getting oout on the road and stomping these little crybaby bands to fucking death, on the other hand I more than likely will throw a massive heart attack or stroke and it's the ballad of billy milano from every band in the world! haha! That would be justified. I have never sand so many tricky timed out lines in my life! My next band is going to make the ramones seem like dream theatre!

Billy, the songs sound fucking great. I can't wait to buy a full album. Yes, I will be buying it, a band like this deserves my money.

Ok, So Tim Gerron and i are going to be Mixing the debut MASTERY record in Elmwood Park New Jersey in August with the mighty Dan Korneff @ house of loud. Anybody from that area?

Billy,

There's nothing wrong with doing something new, why keep doing the same thing if you're not happy and you're unfulfilled by it. If people don't like the new stuff, then they can get a straw and suck it up!

Your vocals, mixed with the heavy thrash sound of Mastery are awesome!!! I think the new music with Mastery is heavy & intense and I'm looking forward to buying the new album when it comes out, plus seeing you guys in concert.