Mathias Blad back in FALCONER!

Purveyor Of Evil

Heavy Metal, INC.
Mar 17, 2003
Hughestown, PA.
Visit site
This is excellent news! I LOVE the first two FALCONER albums! I saw FALCONER at the first BWBK Fest, but it wasn't the same without Mathias singing. They lost me after the second album, but now I'm back to dig them again! A great choice for PP7 with Mathias back in the fold! Kristoffer Gobel was ok, but Mathias is the man for FALCONER!

YES!! THe first two albums were definitely the best. The other vocalists were good, but that clean delivery in the first two made Falconer stand out.

Steve in Philly

FAR OUT! Looks like they're going back to a more folkish style of writing as well. That works for me! Actually I liked their last two albums very much, and thought they were progressing nicely (Grime vs. Grandeur is likely one of my top ten for the year). But I adore Blad's vocals. He might not have as much versatility as Kristoffer, but his base voice is much more attractive to my ears. I am very much looking forward to hearing this new blend of their more progressive songwriting combined with Mathias Blad's vocal delivery (not to mention the return of heavy folk influences).

Alright!! Great news!! Old Falconer is awesome, and Blad is an awesome singer! I can't wait to hear some new material! However, I wonder if touring will be an issue like it was when he was originally kicked out (or left?) the band. Hopefully he'll give the band a fair shake this time.

Falconer sort of came off as "minor leaguers" on the first cd for me. Vocals were unique, but not good really. The sound of his voice was more of an annoyance to me in the scope of the whole song. I saw them at BWBK with Gobel and they put on an AWESOME show so let's hope they can keep that up at least.

Gobel sounded kinda generic. I think Blad suits them a lot better.

The Sceptre of Deception is still a good album, though.

Count me as another Gobel fan. When I first heard Falconer I thought they sounded pretty good but I didnt care for the singer. Then I saw Kristoffer at BW&BK and he was awesome! I loved their last two albums.