MAX CAVALERA Says He Is 'More Metal' Than His Brother IGOR

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Former SEPULTURA guitarist/vocalist Max Cavalera spoke to the "Wall Of Sound: Up Against The Wall" podcast about the "Return To Roots" tour during which he and his brother Igor Cavalera (drums) are celebrating the twentieth anniversary of SEPULTURA's classic album "Roots" by performing the LP in its entirety. You can now listen to the chat below. Asked which of the brothers is more excited about revisiting the "Roots" material on the road, Max said: "I think it's pretty close, but I might be a little bit more excited, 'cause I'm a little bit more metal than him. Igor is metal, but he does a lot of other stuff, like DJing and stuff like that. I'm the more metal brother, so, to be honest, I think I'm probably a little bit more excited than him." Joining Igor and Max on the "Return To Roots" tour are Marc Rizzo (guitar; SOULFLY, CAVALERA CONSPIRACY, ILL NIÑO) and Tony Campos (bass; SOULFLY, STATIC-X, MINISTRY, FEAR FACTORY). "Roots", along with 1993's "Chaos A.D.", is considered SEPULTURA's most commercially successful release, having been certified gold in 2005 by the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) for U.S. shipments in excess of 500,000 copies. In 1996, Max exited SEPULTURA after the rest of the band fired Max's wife Gloria as their manager. Igor left SEPULTURA in June 2006 due to "artistic differences." His departure from the band came five months after he announced that he was taking a break from SEPULTURA's touring activities to spend time with his second wife and their son (who was born in January 2006). CAVALERA CONSPIRACY, the band led by Max and Igor, will release its fourth album, "Psychosis", on November 17 via Napalm Records.

Continue reading...