MAX CAVALERA Says He Will Focus On Touring For The Remainder Of 2019

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Max Cavalera, who is widely considered to be one of the most prolific artists the realm of heavy music has ever known, has told Metal Wani in a new interview that there are no plans for him to return to the recording studio anytime soon. "I think this year might be more focused on touring, and I'm kind of happy about that," he said. "I've been releasing records non-stop the last five years. We released CAVALERA CONSPIRACY 'Psychosis', we released SOULFLY 'Ritual'. It would be nice to slow down and a little bit and just kind of concentrate on touring. The 'Ritual' tour should be kind of a world tour, so I'm hoping we can go to South America, we can go to Europe. In America, we're gonna do it again. So, yeah, I think this year might be more touring." Max has kept himself busy with other projects in between SOULFLY releases, including teaming up with his brother Igor in CAVALERA CONSPIRACY and playing in the supergroup KILLER BE KILLED, which is expected to issue its second album in 2020. Max and Igor Cavalera are currently performing material from the SEPULTURA albums "Arise" and "Beneath The Remains" on a six-date Australian tour. "Ritual" was released in October via Nuclear Blast. The follow-up to 2015's "Archangel" was produced, recorded and mixed by Josh Wilbur (KILLER BE KILLED, LAMB OF GOD, GOJIRA). SOULFLY's first tour in support of "Ritual" took place in January/February, with support from KATAKLYSM, INCITE, CHAOSEUM, ALUKAH and SKINFLINT.

Continue reading...