Mayhem 2013

Anthrax_Mosher

True Fan
Feb 5, 2005
California USA
band-release.jpg

What in the fucking fuck?? :puke: :puke:

Wow. I think they must have spent all their money last year. This line-up seems totally inferior to any I seen there before.

Rob Zombie is OK but definitely beneath most of the headliners last year. Amon Amarth was entertaining when I seen them in a small venue. I like Amon Amarth but I am surprised they are playing on the main stage. It had been leaked they were headlining the Jägermeister stage so having Mastodon and Amon Amarth on the main stage totally feels like one or two other headliners backed out or fell through.

Tickets best be cheaper this year. This is not a must see show. :zzz:

I'll be in Europe for Maiden when the local show is, but could care less since Rob Zombie is the only act I care about. He's a lot of fun live, but I've seen him a few times in the last few years.

I like how they tried to make the undercard this year all "extreme" but in reality its really just a pile of horseshit. Id rather see Six Feet Under or Cradle of Filth on there instead of garbage like Behemoth and Job For a Cowboy.

I like how they tried to make the undercard this year all "extreme" but in reality its really just a pile of horseshit. Id rather see Six Feet Under or Cradle of Filth on there instead of garbage like Behemoth and Job For a Cowboy.

I think you got those bands reversed there.

I went to the Rob Zombie / Marilyn Manson show last year and got sick and had to leave before Zombie started. I might go just to finally see Zombie, but I can't see me showing up too early.

I went to the Rob Zombie / Marilyn Manson show last year and got sick and had to leave before Zombie started. I might go just to finally see Zombie, but I can't see me showing up too early.

No wonder. I'd get sick watching Marilyn Manson too.
That being said, I would NEVER attend Marilyn Manson show. Maybe at the gunpoint or something like that.

I seen Zombie with Slayer last year or the year before I forget which. Slayer rocked hard and played first. Zombie was having a bad night and came out like 40 minutes late and was bitching about the rules of the amphitheater that the show had to be done by a certain time. It was a less than stellar showing. We ended up leaving a few songs early to get out of the parking lot jam since it wasn't that good. Previously I had seen White Zombie with Anthrax on the Sound of White Noise tour and Zombie was amazing. I am really questioning whether I should skip Mayhem entirely. If I pay to go I would want to see Amon Amarth and Zombie. That means showing up early enough for the main stage to open. Slightly interested in Battlecross but Job for a Cowboy sucks ass and I never seen any of the rest of these acts.

I seen Zombie with Slayer last year or the year before I forget which. Slayer rocked hard and played first. Zombie was having a bad night and came out like 40 minutes late and was bitching about the rules of the amphitheater that the show had to be done by a certain time. It was a less than stellar showing. We ended up leaving a few songs early to get out of the parking lot jam since it wasn't that good. Previously I had seen White Zombie with Anthrax on the Sound of White Noise tour and Zombie was amazing. I am really questioning whether I should skip Mayhem entirely. If I pay to go I would want to see Amon Amarth and Zombie. That means showing up early enough for the main stage to open. Slightly interested in Battlecross but Job for a Cowboy sucks ass and I never seen any of the rest of these acts.

Pretty much, I even thought I might not show up until the main stage starts or at least in time for the 2nd and 3rd stage headliners. But Mastodon sucks ass so Ill be skipping that. Already seen FFDP twice and Mayhem keeps recycling the same bands over and over. Already saw Machine Head play the main stage in 2011 so what is the point of them downgrading to the 2nd stage?

But Mastodon sucks ass so Ill be skipping that. Already seen FFDP twice and Mayhem keeps recycling the same bands over and over.

Recycling is OK as long as they are bands we want to hear. I never seen Mastodon but I have read several folks online say they suck. I read someone else write that way less heavy than Amon Amarth even if you like them so it will be a strange let down in any case. Headliners are supposed to build up and not down.

I am very glad that Metal Alliance Tour decided to come to Detroit this year. I already have tickets for it and those bands are a much superior package and probably cheaper. Looking forward to seeing Exodus, Municipal Waste, and Anthrax of course.

I haven't decided to totally skip Mayhem yet but I almost have. Good, but not even great, seats for it will cost too much to see one or two bands at Pine Knob.

As far as Mastodon goes... I saw them open for Slayer in 2009 and they sucked real hard.
Then saw them again at Sonisphere 2011 and liked them probably the most of all bands.

That was my first exposure too to White Zombie on the SOWN tour. Rob high fived me as I was crowd surfing. I was 15. It was the closest I'd ever been up front at an Anthrax show. Parents wouldn't let me and buds in the pit for clash of the titans a couple years earlier. Anyway, I saw White Zombie a couple more times. Never seen Zombie solo. Fuck him. I'll never forgive him for breaking up White Zombie. Astro creep was already bordering on techno but at least the songs were still guitar riff oriented.

The whole concept of this this tour is flawed based solely on the fact that the shows are only at big, outdoor-amphitheater type venues in large city suburbs where you have a very small pit section in front of the stage, a shitload of seating, and then you have a general admission lawn that's 300+ feet from the stage.

It's not very "metal" to have to sit in a seat or watch from far-as-fuck-away from a lawn. Sometimes good bands pop up on this tour, but the whole thing is generally geared towards all the young suburban kids who don't go to any other shows besides this and Warped Tour. I went last year because Anthrax, Motorhead, and Slayer were playing but this year the only bands that are worth a shit are Mastodon and Amon Amarth and that's not nearly worth the price of admission. I'll let some little kid and their soccer mom take my spot this year.

Besides the secondary stages in the parking lots: last year the only pit at DTE/Pine Knob was on the lawn and was during Slayer. They don't have a pit area at Pine Knob. And you are right about the lawn if you don't get a reserved seating ticket there it is hard as fuck to see anything.

Looks like Rob's added plenty of the new album to the setlist. Good album! Thanks for posting this AM!

Five Finger Death Punch is this generations Limp Bizkit. Horrible, cheese, boy band metal. Really bad line up..no thanks