MayheM THIS THURSDAY

Nightspirit

Sep 24, 2001
melbourne
The band is in town now and I hope to see you all get to the MAYHEM show this thursday at the HiFi Bar and support the norwegians so more tours like this can happen.

Along with MAYHEM....ENTER TWILIGHT, CONTRIVE & CHALICE will be playing and also the surprise last minute inclusion of Aussie Metal Legends HOBBS' ANGEL OF DEATH!!!!!!

Once again get to this show, its gonna be killer!!

Actually we've been talking about it for months now, but thanks for the info...:rolleyes:

And now it's tomorrow!!!:devil:

Originally posted by Goreripper
After all, Mayhem's legend is bigger than the band itself,

You obviously haven't seen them live, then.

Have you ever thought that one of the reasons a band is predominant in musical circles is because they're actually an incredible and tight band, with amazing stage presence?

The legend isn't at all bigger than the band. Having seen them live, I can completely understand why they are so popular.

No I haven't seen them live. And what I said wasn't meant to be taken in a bad way. Mayhem is a band that is overshadowed by their own legend: the quest to be the most evil, suicides, murders, paganism... it overshadows their actual achievements is what I meant.

Originally posted by Goreripper
No I haven't seen them live. And what I said wasn't meant to be taken in a bad way. Mayhem is a band that is overshadowed by their own legend: the quest to be the most evil, suicides, murders, paganism... it overshadows their actual achievements is what I meant.

I know most people who aren't into Mayhem's music only know of them through the controversies, but for the fans these controversies actually go hand in hand with the musical achievements. :) The band is absolutely more than the sum of its musical parts, because like all good black metal, it's as much a philosophy as a musical genre. But I was just saying that I know why they're big. There actually is substance to them...

Plus I think seeing them at the instore helped to understand them better. They're actually pretty fucking full on (obviously) and it was good to have my ideas and perceptions solidified into reality. It was basically a pretty awesome experience!