Mbox2 + Cubase 5 = Bad audio playback, Help?

MEGA DAVE

Mar 5, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
So, my fp10 just shit out last night and the only other interface I could get a hold of was an Mbox2. Well C5 will recognize it and run with the mb2 but when I playback my audio it's slow and glitchy. I've tried to change the buffer size but nothing is working. Anyone know how to fix this problem? The driver for my mb2 is the newest that came with PT9 but I'm not efficient enough yet in PT9 to continue my project in it. Help?

although your drivers are the newest ones, they still may not be right. Check your OS / Mbox version against the drivers list one the digidesign site, just to be sure. you may need to roll back to an older driver..

just a shot in the dark really, but it does sound software related.

I had the same problem hoping that my Mbox2 mini would make a great traveling interface and make Pro Tools work. I could never get it working with Cubase.

Oddly it worked fine with Reaper and Pro Tools. Cubase... no way. I was on travel and needed an interface so I ran out and bought a Firestudio Mobile.

Best of luck, I tried just about everything I could think of. Changing drivers, reinstalling, etc. When Reaper worked and Cubase didn't, I gave up.

It doesn't work haha, I've come to that conclusion.

Actually let me re-phrase.

It works on what computer it deems it wants to haha, cuz I've tried this on a few different PC's and it took on some and shit on others. Oh well, I'm just convinced avid only wants you to use their gear on their programs.