Me and my BOULES

Hey, hey, hey - it seems like for once I wasn't talking shite! Woooooo petanque matey - I don't know if I've got any photos of me with my bouls out, shining on a mid-summers day and rubbing them with a dusty cloth... I'll have to go and get some done!

Do you play for a team mate and where do you play? I've recently joined Solihull Petanque Club, but as yet I haven't played a competitive game for them, just friendlies! How can we meet up and play each other - that would be such a laugh and we could have 54 on a ghettoblaster while we play?! :D Let me know...

PETANQUE - A game involving metal, for metal men... or OAP's! Rock on! \m/ :)

Err this is very weird!
I sort of dable now and then at the old Petanque!
Petey also has some large shiny Boules..:D
So do we have an unofficial Area 54 team in the making?
Obviously we would need some fine coaching by Metalman...
(devil horns and all)

Talking about sports then ... don't suppose we have any serious Sword fencers on the forum... nothing like a bit of swashbuckling:) :) :)

I want to know what's wrong with proper bowls?

Surely Bryant and Corsie are British sporting legends surpassing the standards of the Charltons & Moore, Hendry & Davies and any other British sportsman you care to name?

Remind me not to stand behind Dave at a gig...i'd hate to feel what kind of force he produces!!:)

I've had the pleasure of beating good old Brucie three times in various competitions...he is damn good though but then again money can buy the best tutors....still it was a great feeling wooping his little tucas very seriously in one competition 10 - 4.
:D :D

Oh my god - we're turning into a right lot of sporty people aren't we! That sounds bloody fantastic Pete about playing AND BEATING Brucie... now that would be like a dream come true! Did you ask him to sign your Maiden stuff while you were there, cos I sure as hell would have?! ;)

That's cool that three of us play a game such as petanque - there is no way that I would have thought that, mainly due to us all being metallers I suppose! Your team sounds excellent Metalman and I've looked on the website and what's this I see in the photo http://homepage.ntlworld.com/interista/images/507.jpg - you're throwing a ball towards a a lovely plastic tree slide... awwww sweeet! j/k lol But seriously, you all look very professional and it looks like you have a great terrain, nice 'n' flat and with smart barriers! I've been playing for Solihull today and we've had our terrain done with another layer of new gravel... but it's really hard to play on still as it hasn't been smashed down by a heavy rolling machine so the bouls just stick! *cough*Yes, I played shit today!*cough* lol :D Do you play for a team then Pete and how long have you played for? What are you both best at doing - getting near the cochonet or smashing the shit out of other people's boules?!

Shall we all meet up and play a bit of petanque before the Area 54 gig on the 14th July, though where could we play that's not too far away from London? I'm well up for a game with you two and I don't mind travelling to wherever's appropriate - you supply the ghettoblaster to play 54 on though! :) So are you both up for that?

I've been playing for four years and I'm still shite:D :D
Thats the playground end, I prefer playing towards the pub.LOL.
I live 30 miles north of London so if you could get to Hitchin on Sunday morning or Saturday night we could play at our home piste.
The doors open at 4pm at the LA2, Area 54 on between 5pm and 7.30pm.

Originally posted by Metalman
I live 30 miles north of London so if you could get to Hitchin on Sunday morning or Saturday night we could play at our home piste.

Yeah Metalman - I'm well up for a game then before the 54 gig! If I were to get to Hitchin earlier that day, would I be able to go with you to the 54 gig afterwards please?

Do you want to come and play petanque with us too before the 54 gig then Peter, or anyone else for that matter - go on, you know you want to?! ;)

Can you send me your phone number Metalman either over here or via e-mail (ian_e_edwards@hotmail.com) as soon as possible please so we can sort out the game? My phone number is 0121 744 7340 if you want to ring me, but chances are that I'll be on the net, so you may not get through! I will be away from the 6th July for a week and only get back the day before the gig, so we should sort something out now rather than later... yeah?!

Also, Peter Day - do you want to meet up and play with us before?! Promise of much metalness etc...