MEGADETH Cancels Tour Plans Following Death Of DAVID ELLEFSON's Brother

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
MEGADETH has canceled immediate tour plans as bassist David Ellefson and his family mourn the loss of his brother, who passed away on May 19 in Minneapolis, Minnesota after battling cancer. A private family funeral service will be held. Says MEGADETH in a statement: "The band sends their deepest condolences and prayers to David during this time and ask that the fans please do the same." In his memoir, "My Life With Deth", David Ellefson wrote about his early family life, "I loved the farm [where I was raised, about six miles north of Jackson, Minnesota], but I didn’t love farming quite so much, so my brother, Eliot, was always the one who was going to take it over from my father when the time came. He showed an aptitude for farming from a very young age. When I started getting into music at eleven or twelve, Eliot was focusing on being disciplined and working around the farm." MEGADETH latest album, 2013's "Super Collider", sold 29,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 6 on The Billboard 200 chart. "TH1RT3EN" opened with 42,000 units back in November 2011 to enter the chart at No. 11. The band's 2009 CD, "Endgame", premiered with 45,000 copies to debut at No. 9. This was slightly less than the 54,000 first-week tally registered by 2007's "United Abominations", which entered the chart at No. 8. 2004's "The System Has Failed" premiered with 46,000 copies (No. 18) while 2001's "The World Needs A Hero" moved 61,000 units in its first week (No. 16).
davidellefsonbrother.jpg

More...