Megadeth "Endgame" samples

Virgil.

¯\(°_o)/¯
Jul 12, 2005
Seattle, WA
Blabbermouth posted this link yesterday. There's 30 second samples from Amazon from Megadeth's new album, "Endgame" online now:

[ame]http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B002C6K7N0/ref=s9_simz_gw_s0_p15_i1?pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=02JSNBD5H1CWCNZX3003&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=463375173&pf_rd_i=301128[/ame]

(http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=126107)

From what i've heard so far... songs from this album sound almost as if they could have been B-sides from Cryptic Writings. I'm really enjoying it! It sounds much more refreshing than what I heard on United Abominations.

On a side note... I've heard "44 minutes", "1,320", "Endgame", and "Head Crusher" so far in their entirety, and I honestly was hoping for more from Broderick. The solos are good, don't get me wrong... but there's nothing too memorable. Friedman's solos always followed some sort of a melodic theme throughout; but Chris' solos don't seem to offer any type of "melodic control" that I was hoping for. I know this isn't Marty, and I wasn't expecting to hear a classic Marty type of solo. However, the way that everyone (like Dave) has been hyping him up so much and saying that Marty is forgettable compared to him really did get my hopes up in that sense.

But, not comparing the new Megadeth to older albums, I think this is by far Megadeth's best effort since Cryptic. United Abominations was good... but this one just ups the ante a bit more in my opinion.

I know this is said all the time, but I hope that Dave, Marty, David, and Nick reform for Megadeth's last album. It would even be sweet if Poland would collaborate and guest-solo on it as well. I know... i'm living in a dream world :loco:

EDIT: I forgot to give cudos to Andy for doing such an amazing job on the production! I can't judge this album completely just yet (as all i've heard are samples and internet streaming quality versions).... but the production / mix from this album sounds more complete and full compared to UA. So far it sounds great.

Great sounding record, of course. Thumbs up to andy... like it wouldnt have been killer anyway, hehe. Lets not kid ourselves though... martys legacy will never be topped. We all know that!

Well from headcrusher and 1320 im digging this a hell of a lot more than anything they have done for years. Best thrash ive heard since tempo of the dammed. Also it just has to be said, compare this to death magnetic(both in terms of production and in terms of musicmanship) and it SMOKES it.

I agree... Marty's legacy can't be touched. I was referring to the track-by-track review that The Quietus did a couple of weeks ago, here:
http://thequietus.com/articles/02475-megadeth-endgame-track-by-track-album-review. "...Broderick once more plays like Marty Friedman never existed." :lol:

Also, Dave has been making comments left and right about how great Broderick is compared to Marty. I know he would never be able to replace Marty or come up w/ exact Marty type solos... I guess I was just hoping for something more from him. But I will withhold my judgment until I hear the whole album it its entirety.

Well from headcrusher and 1320 im digging this a hell of a lot more than anything they have done for years. Best thrash ive heard since tempo of the dammed. Also it just has to be said, compare this to death magnetic(both in terms of production and in terms of musicmanship) and it SMOKES it.

+1 ... DM was an embarrassing attempt of a thrash/old-school Metallica album. The production is horrible, and the songwriting proves that Metallica hasn't been "thrash" since they ran out of ripped-off Mustaine riffs. hahaha

I just read that the album leaked already. lol. Would someone let me know how it is if you download it? Megadeth is one band that I will wait to buy their album the day it comes out.

From what ive heard of the songs up on youtube now (which is all the songs) the album SMOKES. Cant believe it honestly...very surprised they could pull it out of the hat.