Megadeth - Hidden Treasures and Capital Punishment going out of print!

Razorhead95

Carebear stare!
Dec 3, 2003
Hell
www.geocities.com
Droogies!

I wanted to tell you that Capitol Records is eliminating Hidden Treasures and Capitol Punishment form their catalogue for Megadeth.

This is good and bad. The good part is that there will be something to replace it, and the bad thing is that if you do not have these two records before they are all gone, you will be out of luck.

I will tell you as it becomes confirmed by Capitol and myself what is to come and what to expect!

MSGD!
Official word from the man himself on the Megadeth forums. Go and get your copy today!

Razorhead95 said:
Official word from the man himself on the Megadeth forums. Go and get your copy today!

If you're going to get HIDDEN TREASURES on CD, you might as well
do yourself a favor and get the Japanese Import. More tracks!
....I dunno if it was released anywhere else but it includes a demo song
where the lyrics were written by Nick Menza! It's awesome.

Testament Legions said:
Refresh my memory... what's on "Capitol Punishment?" It came out after Dave had some sorta dispute with the label, correct?
Kill The King
Dread and the Fugitive Mind
Crush Em
Use The Man
Almost Honest
Trust
A Tout Le Monde
Train of Consequences
Sweating Bullets
Symphony of Destruction
Hangar 18
Holy Wars
In My Darkest Hour
Peace Sells

I believe Dave put this out because he had one more album due to Capitol
to fulfill his record contract and he was pissed at Capitol for trying to
screw him somehow so he put out a greatest hits comp to get off Capitol.

I remember Dave was very much opposed to giving Capitol a new studio
record of original material, which is the material off of the "World Needs a
Hero" record which was released by the record company he made a deal
with after leaving Capitol, Sanctuary. "The World Needs a Hero" also being
the first Mega record done after Marty quit and went to Japan to become a
J-Pop girl. "Kill The King" and "Dread and The Fugitive Mind" were the only songs done when this whole thing came down but Dave had other songs for the record that were in demo stages and not recorded yet and I think he included those 2 reluctantly just to give the fans something and make the greatest hits package more exciting to sell some records just to get far away
from Capitol.

I think the fans were weary and he did it as a teaser to attract attention
again. He spelled "Capital" as "Capitol" as a play on words to describe his feelings about Capitol Records. I guess Capitol wasn't promoting metal and wasn't really
behind Megadeth anymore and Dave felt part of the failure of Risk was in the
lack of record company promotion. I think this is it, but I think I left something
out.

I don't think Capital Punishment going out of print is a big deal, the only song just on there is Kill the King, which will probably show up on an album that replaces it, the only big deal would be Hidden Treasures going out of print, since that has some great songs on it.

"I think the fans were weary and he did it as a teaser to attract attention
again. He spelled "Capital" as "Capitol" as a play on words to describe his feelings about Capitol Records. I guess Capitol wasn't promoting metal and wasn't really
behind Megadeth anymore and Dave felt part of the failure of Risk was in the
lack of record company promotion. I think this is it, but I think I left something
out."

Yeah the label was fucking around too much around Risk. They let out an EP in Japan called the Breadline EP with remixes of songs and didn't even tell Dave about it. They did a music video for Insomnia without telling him, and they wanted him to change the name of the band from Megadeth to something else.

Vic Rattlehead said:
Yeah the label was fucking around too much around Risk.
Thanks for correcting me. I knew it had to do with Risk.

They let out an EP in Japan called the Breadline EP with remixes of songs and didn't even tell Dave about it.
I heard about the EP, prolly from reading a Dave interview and him talking
about this subject. Pretty screwed up of Capitol.

They did a music video for Insomnia without telling him, and they wanted him to change the name of the band from Megadeth to something else.
That's right!!!!!! That's what I knew I was leaving out! They approached
him about changing the name of the band because Capitol was trying to
turn Megadeth into some kind of alternative band or something. Yeah,
Dave was very pissed off about these things.

I like Dave Mustaine a lot more when he's pissed off. When Dave's happy
it just doesn't seem right. I can always detect a disturbance in the force
when Dave's happy.