Megadeth- KIMBABIG

U

Unregistered

who here picked up the remaster... fucking hell this album kicks ass, it sounds damn good. any thoughts on it from you guys

I've got the original... It's a great CD, but production is a bit, eh, er... um... not-great...

What's the remaster got different (other than missing a track!!)??

The remixed re-release is unreal. I couldn't hear half of the drum fills and vocals on the original. I have a new found respect for Gar's drumming skills (may he RIP). Anyway, to answer the above question, the remixed re-release has the original 8 tracks remixed (i.e. now one can hear the actual music...imagine that). These Boots sucks hard though as Mustaine's lyrics are bleeped out due to Lee Hazlewood (author of the song)'s dislike for them. The beeps were meant as a sort of "Fuck You Lee" but it just comes off as being quite annoying. I have the original on the 1985 KIMB anyhow, so no big loss. There are also 3 demo tracks included as bonus tracks (KIMBABIG, Mechanix, Last Rites/Loved To Deth). The linear notes are also excellent. Overall it was as if I had listened to this album for the first time all over again. Even if you have the original KIMB (like I do) I think it would be worth it to pick it up.

DavE

I bought this as well and it really is like a whole new album. The drumming especially. I never realized how cool Gars playing is on this album.