MEGADETH Pulls Out Of SOUNDWAVE Festival After DAVE MUSTAINE Fails To Get Apology Fro

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
MEGADETH has canceled its previously announced Australian tour dates after the promoter allegedly erroneously blamed the band for removing former METALLICA bassist Jason Newsted's new project, simply called NEWSTED, off the billing for MEGADETH's "off" dates during this year's Soundwave festival.A MEGADETH representative last week shot down reports that the band was responsible for booting NEWSTED from the lineup of MEGADETH's Australian tour. A number of news outlets reported that NEWSTED had been taken off the billing of MEGADETH's side shows in Sydney and Melbourne while touring Australia on the annual Soundwave festival. Soundwave organizers claimed that Jason Newsted's band was removed from the dates "at the request of MEGADETH." However, according to MEGADETH tour manager Jim Carroccio, nothing could be further from the truth. "Dave Mustaine is not responsible for booting NEWSTED off [the Soundwave festival 'off' dates]," Carroccio told ABC New Radio. "Dave did not put [Jason] on the bill and did not take him off the bill."He added: "Dave submitted a list of bands he was comfortable with and the promoter ignored the list. "Dave and Jason are friends [and] this has blown up into something silly."Earlier today (Sunday, February 9), Mustaine released the following statement via the official MEGADETH Facebook page:"Due to circumstances beyond its control, unfortunately, MEGADETH has to cancel their Australian dates. "MEGADETH's decision is unrelated to the fact that Jason Newsted is performing at Soundwave. Jason and I spoke recently and continue to be friends."Mustaine added in a separate posting an hour later: "All I asked for was an apology for blaming me for something I didn't do. I am still willing to play, but the promoter would rather not apologize and prefers to say I asked him to lie, which I didn't. "Am I the only one that sees how easy it is to fix this? "[Australian touring mogul and Soundwave promoter] AJ Maddah that I know is a wise and caring man, and I don't know what has happened to my old friend. "My bags are packed, Aussie fans."
Post by Megadeth.

Post by Megadeth.

@DaveMustaine Dave, we have been friends for a long time and I love you. Your family is like my own.
— AJ (@iamnotshouting) February 10, 2014
@DaveMustaine I am not sure where and how you believe you are owed an apology. And if you are, it should be from your own reps!
@DaveMustaine So here it is Dave. I apologize for whatever slight you think I have done you.
megadethsideshowsaustralia_638.jpg

More...