Megadeth related news......

Xyrus77

Lord Of Chaos
Feb 17, 2002
New Jersey USA
Visit site
Former MEGADETH Leader Begins Work On Solo Album, Signs New Endorsement Deal - May 19, 2003
Former MEGADETH leader Dave Mustaine has begun work on a solo release, tentatively due in early 2004 through Sanctuary Records. No further details are available at this time.

Mustaine, who has just signed an exclusive endorsement agreement with ESP Guitar Company, has brought his unique vision and focus to a new line of ESP & LTD Signature Series guitars, to be introduced at Summer NAMM 2003.

"If there is any question to why I came over to ESP," says Mustaine, "it will be silenced when you play one of these. Absolutely ripping." ESP's new Dave Mustaine "DV8" Signature model will be available in both ESP and LTD versions. Both are "V" shaped guitars, with pickups, hardware and design all according to Dave's own specs.

Though Dave Mustaine left MEGADETH in early 2002, in part because of a debilitating injury to his left arm and hand, he has begun work on a number of projects that show his tenacity and love for rock guitar. Massive amounts of physical therapy have brought him back to 100% guitar-playing power, and now Mustaine's ready to lay his latest licks on the public. Long known as one of metal guitar's strongest voices, Dave chose ESP to begin this new and exciting chapter in his rock success story.

"The quality and class of the company," Mustaine says, "is why I chose ESP."

As singer/songwriter/guitarist, Mustaine was the main man behind MEGADETH's amazing string of gold and multi-platinum records, including 1992's "Countdown to Extinction" and 1994's "Youthanasia". Later this year Capitol Records will begin a massive re-release campaign of MEGADETH's catalog, including an anthology and a box set (with rare tracks).

This summer, DTS Entertainment will release a 5.1 surround audio DVD of "Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?"

This was taken from Blabbermouth.net

Xyrus77 said:
Former MEGADETH Leader Begins Work On Solo Album, Signs New Endorsement Deal - May 19, 2003
Former MEGADETH leader Dave Mustaine has begun work on a solo release, tentatively due in early 2004 through Sanctuary Records. No further details are available at this time.

Mustaine, who has just signed an exclusive endorsement agreement with ESP Guitar Company, has brought his unique vision and focus to a new line of ESP & LTD Signature Series guitars, to be introduced at Summer NAMM 2003.

"If there is any question to why I came over to ESP," says Mustaine, "it will be silenced when you play one of these. Absolutely ripping." ESP's new Dave Mustaine "DV8" Signature model will be available in both ESP and LTD versions. Both are "V" shaped guitars, with pickups, hardware and design all according to Dave's own specs.

Though Dave Mustaine left MEGADETH in early 2002, in part because of a debilitating injury to his left arm and hand, he has begun work on a number of projects that show his tenacity and love for rock guitar. Massive amounts of physical therapy have brought him back to 100% guitar-playing power, and now Mustaine's ready to lay his latest licks on the public. Long known as one of metal guitar's strongest voices, Dave chose ESP to begin this new and exciting chapter in his rock success story.

"The quality and class of the company," Mustaine says, "is why I chose ESP."

As singer/songwriter/guitarist, Mustaine was the main man behind MEGADETH's amazing string of gold and multi-platinum records, including 1992's "Countdown to Extinction" and 1994's "Youthanasia". Later this year Capitol Records will begin a massive re-release campaign of MEGADETH's catalog, including an anthology and a box set (with rare tracks).

This summer, DTS Entertainment will release a 5.1 surround audio DVD of "Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?"

This was taken from Blabbermouth.net

Even though this was taken from BLABBERMOUTH.net, it was actually taken by them from MEGADETH.COM...

And well, what can I say?

Fucking Kick Ass news...
Hopefully Dave Mustaine is going to be inspired by his listening to real metal bands like Opeth and Kreator, and the past Deth tour with Iced Earth... Maybe we'll hear that new riff he was working on a year ago, just before he hurt his arm/hand. You know? The one that sounds sorta similar to TAKE NO PRISONERS... yeah, hopefully it'll be on his solo album.

But I'm thinkin he might not even release a "Solo album"...
Maybe.... he'll uncover that it will actually be a new Megadeth album, he's probably just waiting to see if David Ellefson will play bass on it, then get Al Pitrelli back or Marty Friedman or WHOEVER.

I mean, supposedly the past members of Megadeth were going to do a project together... And since Dave is back 100% now, who knows? Besides, every Megadeth release was practically a solo album for Dave.

Seriously, anything could happen....

But whatever comes forth, lets pray to Manowar, that it is True Molten Metal Power Force!!!! \m/ (Please, None of that Geoff Tate Shit)

I am a HUGE Megadeth fan, but I just wish he would hang it up already. He hasn't done anything of consequence since Youthanasia. There is no need to hear the same tired shit. I always doubted the seriousness (or the existence at all) of his "injury"...... this only adds fuel to the fire.

DavE

TWNAH was a step in the right direction but still lacked something badly. Maybe a decent metal producer. If Mustaine just decides to do it all by himself productionwise it's probably going to blow. And will the solo album even be metal? (anyone heard Marty Friedman's Scenes) If he really doesn't have anything more to give to the metal scene he should quit and continue coaching kids hockey.

Just Wanted To Tell You All That I Fail, And That The Reason My Arms And Wrists Are Bad Is From The Unfortunate Masteurbation Accidents Of The Road Life. I Was Just Trying To Rub One Off, And The Bus Slid, And I Broke My Little Deth In Half And My Wrist. Im Trully A Fucktard, And A Twatwaffle.
The Best Thing I Ever Wrote Was Motopyscho Hahahaha Oh Wait, Or Was That The Worst? I Dont Remember. I Just Know I Cant Play Guitar, And That My Solos Are Just Noise, Oh Yeah, Not To Mention My Half Grunted Vocals Sound Like Protruding Llama Smegma.
Take Care Kiddies! Im Off To Blockbuster To Rent Out Their Vast Aray Of Zulu Bukkake Videos!
Love Always,
Dave Mustgayne

Poison God - I really think you got the point there... I doubt there has been any kinda injury to Mr. Mustaine's hand or arm....

Distorted said:
And will the solo album even be metal? (anyone heard Marty Friedman's Scenes)
yes i have

and he'll be lucky if his album is even 1/4 as good as Scenes, metal or not.

Mustaine doesn't have the brains and theory to pull something like that off.

I think its pretty damn good news. I like Mustaine alot, and think he could do a pretty good solo album.

But he needs to get Megadeth back together, if only for a farewell tour.