Megadeth sound out of a Randall KH75???

NathanT

New Metal Member
Feb 2, 2011
I'm new here so please excuse me if I am posting this in the wrong place.

I am trying to get my amp to sound as close to Megadeth's sound as I can. I used to be a HUGE Metallica fan, so I recently bought the Randall KH75 amp. I have been playing guitar off and on for about 22 years. I used to play for hours every single day and was in a band for a while. But I quit playing for several years and just recently got back into it. Anyway...

I hate to say this but I wasn't a MAJOR fan of Megadeth until recently when I bought the Big 4 DVD. I didn't really listen to them until around 1992. When Countdown to Extinction came out.

I know basically every Metallica song up through the Black Album, then I quit listening to them or learning any of their songs after that album.

I recently decided to buy new gear and the KH75 is the amp I bought.

My question is, does anyone else on here have this amp? I'm not the greatest at figuring out settings on amps. And I was hoping someone else on here maybe had/has this amp and can tell me what settings you use. It doesn't have a ton of settings or anything, but like I said I suck at figuring out amp settings.

On the overdrive channels it has gain settings for channel 1 and 2 that can be set independently, then it has Bass, Middle, Contour, Treble and Volume that are shared between the 2 Overdrive channels. I leave the volume up all the way, and use the master volume to adjust how loud I want the amp to be. I don't know if I should have it set like that or not, but it sounds decent. So that's where it is set.

Can anyone give me some advice with this?

BTW, I cannot believe how KICK A** Chris is :worship:. It blows my mind. He drop kicks Kirk Hammett right square in the throat/face region as far as I am concerned. :D:yow::OMG:

I listen to Megadeth ALL DAY, EVERY DAY now. I think my wife is about to enter the nut ward because of it. :tickled: I go to bed with their songs stuck in my head, and wake up with it playing in my mind. Maybe I am losing it too. :D Who knows.

I am in the process of learning all of their songs (the best ones at least). It's kind of hard because I am so used to playing Metallica's songs, and Megadeth's songs are nothing like Metallica really. I guess some of it is, but I'm struggling with some of them.

Anyway, sorry for this being so long winded. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Chris Broderick is AWESOME. :worship:

The guys on the Andy Sneap subforum will know a lot more about this. You should probably post this over there.

Also, welcome to the forum!:wave:

Thank you.

Andy Sneap?

Producer of Opeth, Nevermore, Arch Enemy, Exodus etc.

Just go back to the Ultimate Metal homepage and the forum will be on the list. Most of the guys on there run studios or produce from home, so they know just about everything about tone, amps and metal.