Megadeth - TH1RT3EN

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
Whats everyone thoughts on the new Megadeth album TH1RT3EN? I finally picked it up today as my local JB was slack getting it in. Was pretty surprised to hear that they rerecorded some old b-sides for it. First impressions are a little disappointing as Endgame was such a monster of an album, but it was still an enjoyable listen. The title track is great.

Sounds very Countdown... or Youthinasia to me, was pretty disappointed on first listen as I have really enjoyed the ferocity of the last couple of albums. Also the re-recording of old material sort of struck me as Dave running thing on idea's (something I NEVER thought I would see some one like Dave do).

In saying that the more I listen the more I enjoy it, and I guess it is proof the Junior is Dave more mellow and melodic influence

I won't be able to get it for a couple of months, but there are posters advertising it in the toilets at the Whisky a Go Go, which means that it's officially My Kind Of Place (MKOP).

These days I buy and enjoy every new Megadeth album, but find that the songs generally don't stick in my head the way the old ones do. I'm expecting to have a similar experience with this album.

I think you will find that with this album even moreso than the previous ones. Although I enjoyed it quite a bit more on second listen, so my opinions might change.

Maybe he used the redone tracks to get the tracklist up to 13 songs. The title track is pretty awesome, and very 90s melodic high qual Mustaine songwriting.