MEGADETH To Celebrate 35th Anniversary With Special Releases, Exclusive Merchandise And...

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Thrash metal pioneers MEGADETH will celebrate their 35th anniversary all year long, with special releases, exclusive merch items, and one-of-a-kind events and opportunities for fans worldwide. Founder Dave Mustaine will also celebrate the band's anniversary on his weekly radio show. MEGADETH's announcement comes two years to the day since the release of the band's acclaimed, Grammy-winning album "Dystopia", which arrived on January 22, 2016. "When I started MEGADETH, I didn't imagine myself living for 35 years, let alone my band reaching this incredible milestone," says Mustaine. "Thanks to almost everyone I've met, worked, and played with these last three and a half decades." Kicking off the celebration, MEGADETH's new music video for "Lying In State" launches on Megadeth.com today exclusively for Megadeth Cyber Army members. MEGADETH is offering discounted Premium Cyber Army membership starting today at through January 31 at 11:59 p.m. PST. In MEGADETH's webstore, all "Dystopia" items are specially priced for two weeks, beginning today. Throughout the year, Mustaine will also celebrate the band's anniversary on his weekly Gimme Radio show, "The Dave Mustaine Show", which premieres each Thursday at 12 p.m. PST / 3 p.m. EST, with exclusive giveaways, contests, and behind-the-scenes stories about his career and MEGADETH. Fans can tune in and communicate directly with Dave in the Gimme Live chat feed at GimmeRadio.com or via the Gimme Radio app. MEGADETH is tentatively planning to enter the studio in mid-2018 to begin recording its new album for a 2019 release. Mustaine revealed on Twitter that he is in the process of "collecting ideas" for the follow-up to "Dystopia". MEGADETH's upcoming effort will mark the group's first release to feature drummer Dirk Verbeuren, who officially joined the group a year and a half ago. "Dystopia" was MEGADETH's first album with Brazilian guitarist Kiko Loureiro, best known for his work with ANGRA.

Continue reading...