MEGADETH's DAVE MUSTAINE: 'My Son Has Actually Inspired Me A Lot With Music'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
SoundDiego's J-Mar conducted an interview with MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine when the band headlined the Fronterizo Fest in Tijuana in late April. You can now watch the chat below. Asked what inspires him to continue making new music and how he keeps his songwriting fresh, Mustaine said: "Prior bandmembers. [Laughs] I'm just kidding. Well, I think if you keep your ears and your eyes open and you're listening to what other people like and it's not your way and that's it... You can learn a lot from your kids, you can learn a lot from your friends. Believe it or not, my son's [26-year-old Justis] actually inspired me a lot with music. He's come in and said certain stuff about songs I was listening to that was great and stuff I was listening to that was not. And he inspired me when I was writing the last record [2016's 'Dystopia'] too, because I had kind of a little lull, and he came in and reminded me of somebody who I absolutely hate to death, and he would say the guy's name, and I [would get all pumped up]." The 2018 deluxe reissue of MEGADETH's classic debut album, "Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good!", is due on June 8 via Century Media and Legacy Recordings. "Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good - The Final Kill" has been completely restored to Mustaine's intended vision. Remixed by veteran metal mixer Mark Lewis (WHITECHAPEL) and remastered by Ted Jensen for an optimal listening experience, the 2018 version reveals unheard parts and performances throughout the record. Tentatively due in 2019, MEGADETH's follow-up to "Dystopia" will mark the group's first release to feature drummer Dirk Verbeuren, who officially joined the band just under two years ago. In 2018, MEGADETH will celebrate its 35th anniversary all year long, with special releases, exclusive merchandise items, and one-of-a-kind events and opportunities for fans worldwide. "Dystopia" was MEGADETH's first album with Brazilian guitarist Kiko Loureiro, who was previously best known for his work with ANGRA.

Continue reading...