MEGADETH's DAVE MUSTAINE Performs With SAN DIEGO SYMPHONY; Video Footage Posted Onlin

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine was a featured soloist last night (Saturday, April 12) with the San Diego Symphony. The classical special concert, billed as "Symphony Interrupted", took place at the 2,200-capacity Copley Symphony Hall in San Diego, California. The event saw Mustaine perform Richard Wagner's "Ride Of The Valkyries" with the orchestra, as well as solos of Vivaldi's concertos from "The Four Seasons", plus Bach's classic "Air". The first fan-filmed video footage of the concert can be seen below. "There's such a difference in the [classical music and metal] societies," Mustaine told The Daily Aztec one week before the event. "That's the thing that I'm looking forward to, seeing how these two worlds are going to collide." He continued: "In my mind, I'm getting ready to go walk out to the stage, come in with a little tuxedo on, I'm going to get down there and they're going to go, 'Fuck yeah, Dave!' and all the classical guys are going to go, 'Oh my God, he said the F-word!'" Mustaine also talked about the influence classical music has had on MEGADETH since the band's inception three decades ago. "On the very first song on our very first record, I actually played piano," he said. "Funny thing was, it was a very, very, hacked up version of Beethoven's 'Fugue In D Minor' and going back and listening to the actual performance of Beethoven, it's kind of like, 'Nice try, Dave,' because it was close to it, but I mean, I was a gutter kid that grew up on the street and was playing from memory. I was surprised I could even play the piano." Tickets to the show were sold out in advance online, but a limited amount of tickets were made available on sale the day of the performance. "These are the times I wish my mom was still alive to be able to see this stuff, because I remember when I first started playing guitar, she would say like, 'Turn it down you're going to kill somebody!,'" Mustaine told The Daily Aztec. "Guess what, mom? I'm playing with the symphony now."

davemustainesandiegoposter.jpg

More...