MEGADETH's DAVE MUSTAINE Talks About Writing Process For Next Album

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
During a brand new interview with Chile's Radio Futuro, MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine was asked about his recent revelation that he was "studying a lot of world history and a lot of crazy science stuff for new lyrics" that will presumably be included on the band's next studio album."Writing a record takes a lot of time," Dave said. "And when you finish a record, there's kind of like a period after an animal gives birth to another living creature — it has to heal and it has to get its strength back then, within a short period of time, it's ready to rock again. "I think right now, with going out and doing Gigantour after we finished 'Super Collider' and being with a new record label and having David Ellefson [bass] playing with us again, and the IRON MAIDEN tour and the [BLACK] SABBATH tour and everything, all these things that are going in the right direction for us, it's just exciting and it makes us wanna play. "Shawn [Drover, drums] and David and I have all talked. Chris [Broderick, guitar] talked a little bit about it, too — about us starting to write music for the new record. And I think that when you have a band like MEGADETH, you've gotta spend time writing the songs. There's so many different talented writers there, if you don't listen to everybody's ideas, it would be kind of stupid."Mustaine also spoke about his daughter, Electra, performing a cover version of the MEGADETH song "A Tout Le Monde" on a Seattle-area TV show."Yeah, that surprised me," he said. "I didn't know she was doing that. I know she sings, but I didn't know she was gonna sing 'A Tout Le Monde'."He added: "She has a great voice. She sings better than I do. She loves music, that's for sure."

More...