Megadeth's "Holy Wars" remastered and remixed for free download.

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
A remixed and remastered version of the MEGADETH track "Holy Wars...The Punishment Due" has been posted online in MP3 format at this location http://www.megadeth.com/hwtpd/holywars_thepunishmentdue2004.mp3 .

"Holy Wars...The Punishment Due" comes off the upcoming "Rust In Peace" reissue, due on July 27. A total of seven albums from the group's back catalogue as well as the MD45 record re-sung by MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine have been remixed and remastered and will feature added bonus tracks, artwork and detailed liner notes.

The complete list of albums being re-released on July 27 is as follows:

01. "Peace Sells ...But Who's Buying" (1986)
02. "So Far, So Good, So What" (1988)
03. "Rust In Peace" (1990)
04. "Countdown To Extinction" (1992)
05. "Youthanasia" (1994)
06. "Cryptic Writings" (1997)
07. "Risk" (1999)
08. "MD45 - The Craving" (1996)
------------------------

I am downloading it now. Can't wait for these remasters to come out except for Risk which is ehhhh.

Man, I'm looking forward to these!!

I had the good fortune to have met Dave Mustaine, Dave Ellefson and Chris Poland at the NAMM show in Anaheim back in January. Each one of them were great! I love Megadeth... I'll let them off the hook for Risk, especially since the new stuff seems to be good OLD SCHOOL style Megadeth (too bad Dave Jr. isn't invovled... but CHRIS POLAND is!)

Cheers!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I'll get em all. Except for MD45 maybe. Call me stupid but I think re-releases are if done properly well worth the money. I often happen to find the original release the real rip-off after I got the re-release. Take Kreator for example.
The old Megadeth albums are classics and I very much prefer to get a true love of mine in a better condition over getting something new I will be bored of after having listened to it just 3 times.

I'll just wait for the new album and decide then what to do. I surly would like to have those re-masters. I never got them all on cd. I still have them on vinyl would you believe that. I still play my records now and then.

Hawk said:
I'll just wait for the new album and decide then what to do. I surly would like to have those re-masters. I never got them all on cd. I still have them on vinyl would you believe that. I still play my records now and then.
Oh, come on. That's not that bad! You wanna know what's really dumb? Still having a small vinyl collection you call your own but not having a record player to play it. That's what I call dumb!

DrillSergeant said:
Oh, come on. That's not that bad! You wanna know what's really dumb? Still having a small vinyl collection you call your own but not having a record player to play it. That's what I call dumb!
:lol:

Cool, Dave did a very good work!
I won't get those reissues though, at least not until I can find them cheap/used, I'm sick of always having to buy albums I already own.

Fangface said:
Cool, Dave did a very good work!
I won't get those reissues though, at least not until I can find them cheap/used, I'm sick of always having to buy albums I already own.
You know what Fangface? You are right. Its getting a real problem. A few days ago I got myself the complete Psychotic Waltz discography for the 3th time! First vinyl, then first cd release and now the remasters plus DVD and two demo's.

Then there's the Judas Priest box + DVD. Just two years after I got all their album remasters and re-releases again. :err:

I need a fucking rest and some self-control here :lol:

NP: Canibal Corpse - The Wretched Spawn

With the Megadeth remasters I am hoping a store liek FYE/Coconuts has a first day sale like they do with alot of new stuff. If the album is gonna be normally 13 or 14.99 the day it comes out they have it for like 9.99, that would be cool if they did that hear. I would definetly scoop up PSBWB, SFSGSW, RIP, and CTE.

Hawk said:
You know what Fangface? You are right. Its getting a real problem. A few days ago I got myself the complete Psychotic Waltz discography for the 3th time! First vinyl, then first cd release and now the remasters plus DVD and two demo's.

Then there's the Judas Priest box + DVD. Just two years after I got all their album remasters and re-releases again. :err:

I need a fucking rest and some self-control here :lol:
ahah I hear you.
"Fortunately" I got into Metal when CDs became a common thing, having to buy again on cd a vinyl collection would frighten me.

Fangface said:
ahah I hear you.
"Fortunately" I got into Metal when CDs became a common thing, having to buy again on cd a vinyl collection would frighten me.
Don't start me on that! I have a vinyl collection of 900 records. And while its great that 90% of that collection is now available on cd, its also expensive to "replace" it with cd. Even more so when remasters are apearing every now and then.

I guess its also a question of selfcontrol because noone is holding a gun to my head forcing me to buy remasters. :)

this is fucking awesome, the production is so much better, and you can hear the drums a helluva lot more better, this is just one more way to make money, but hot damn, this is good.