''MEGADETH's New Album To Be Mixed By ANDY SNEAP''

lad

Pte. Hell
Jul 7, 2006
Scotland
'MEGADETH has tapped British producer Andy Sneap (NEVERMORE, MACHINE HEAD, ARCH ENEMY, CRADLE OF FILTH) to mix its long-awaited new album, "United Abominations", tentatively due in March 2007 via Roadrunner Records.

Commented Sneap: " did a test mix for 'Gears of War' [new MEGADETH song] just before I went out to Cleveland [to work on the new CHIMAIRA album] a couple of weeks ago. Had a good chat with Dave [Mustaine] the other day. He seems very cool, matter of fact, and we begin in L.A. November 6th, so should be great. [I'm] really looking forward to it."

"United Abominations" will include a cover of LED ZEPPELIN's "Out on the Tiles", which Mustaine has previously described as one of the CD's highlights. "It could be the best song," he said. "I think it rocks!"

Dave previously told MTV.com about the album's initial recording sessions (which were held at Sarm Studios, outside of London), "We rented [LED ZEPPELIN drummer] John Bonham's drum kit and recorded at a studio in [PINK FLOYD guitarist] David Gilmour's house, which was great."

"The kit is the only one that's available in the world to rent," drummer Shawn Drover added. "Dave surprised me with that, which was pretty incredible because I didn't even know it was possible to get Bonham's kit to rent for anybody. So I incorporated the bass drum and his floor tom and a snare on the kit that I use in the studio, and that was really inspiring. We played in the middle of nowhere and it was just a really cool vibe."

"United Abominations" was recorded under the watchful eye of mainman Dave Mustaine and co-producer Jeff Balding. The initial studio sessions were filmed by director Michael Sarna (ANTHRAX, OBITUARY) and are available at Megadeth.com to fan-club members. Other songtitles set to appear on the CD include "United Abominations" and "Washington Is Next".

MEGADETH's last CD, "The System Has Failed", has sold more than 180,000 copies since its September 2004 release, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The group, who were most recently signed to Sanctuary Records, were joined by bassist James Lomenzo (ex-BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, WHITE LION) in February following the departure of James MacDonough (ex-ICED EARTH).'

Sounds interesting. Not so sure about the idea of a Led Zep cover though..

Mickael said:
"United Abominations" will include a cover of LED ZEPPELIN's "Out on the Tiles", which Mustaine has previously described as one of the CD's highlights. "It could be the best song," he said. "I think it rocks!"

I cannot even begin to fathom how awful Dave will sound trying to sing this song. In fact, I'm trying to gouge out my mind's ear so I don't have to...

Unlike most people i'm actually really looking forward to the new cd and this just makes me look forward to it even more. the cover i'm not too excited about though. I loved the system has failed and if this can top that i'll be happy.

Musically I'm sure it'll be similar, so it won't be *too* much of a disappointment. What gets my goat is where he's taking the lyrics and the band.

if the music rocks, I don't give a fuck about lyrics. But considering what Megadave has done on their last album... meh, it'll probably suck unless Dave doesn't want to be selling millions anymore.

AsModEe said:
if the music rocks, I don't give a fuck about lyrics. But considering what Megadave has done on their last album... meh, it'll probably suck unless Dave doesn't want to be selling millions anymore.
even if the lyrics say: canadians suck for each verse on the album?
for me lyrics are a big part of music.
just to make dave feel a litle better.... hammett>dave