Melloboat 2009

MadTinus

Language enthusiast
May 7, 2002
Utrecht, Netherlands
www.facebook.com
Just read on Blabbermouth:
MESHUGGAH Confirmed For Sweden's MELLOBOAT - Sep. 26, 2008
Swedish experimental extreme metallers MESHUGGAH have been confirmed for the 2009 edition of Melloboat, a festival of prog rock and metal aboard a 23-hour cruise. The ferry will be leaving the Värta harbour in Sweden on April 24 at 19.15 with the brand new luxury cruiser named Galaxy. The arrival time will be 18.15 on Saturday, April 25. Scheduled performers include:

MESHUGGAH
STEVEN WILSON / LASSE HOILE
MAY BLITZ
BLACK BONZO
BEARDFISH
PLANKTON
BOOTCUT
BADGE
PROMISE AND THE MONSTER
EMMA NORDENSTAM
PIU
Looks like another very interesting edition! :) Except it's apparently a different boat and departure is now on Friday instead of Saturday.

After this year's incredible experience it seems I'll definitely need to be there again, it was just too awesome.

I know he's an artist, but I only knew he was a visuals artist, photo/artwork, film editing etc. He did a lot of art & video stuff for Porcupine Tree. I wonder what his role will be in this performance then.

www.lassehoile.com

Would be cool if it's a SW solo performance with video backups and stuff. Imagine him doing stuff from his new album + cover versions and a few singer/songwriter PT tunes? In that case I have to go despite all the other stuff that I'm not really interested in.

I will not be there this time.

I'm not sure i will be either even though my and my friends are talking about going again. Me and another of the guys, who was there this year, have just started studying Psychology in college so we might be too busy to go. Won't know for sure though for a while.

I read on another forum that Opeth & Friends, (whatever that means), will also be playing. Could be bullshit. (?)

Anyway, I might go just for Meshuggah and Steven. Beardfish is pretty cool too. Haven't heard much from the rest.