Melodic Black Metal in the veins of Dissection, Dawn, Immortal, etc.

Awesome mix. Definitely reminds me of Dawn, but with a little more modern vibe in the production.

That lead that comes in with the blastbeats around 3:20 comes in a little harsh to me. Not a big deal, though.

Awesome mix. Definitely reminds me of Dawn, but with a little more modern vibe in the production.

That lead that comes in with the blastbeats around 3:20 comes in a little harsh to me. Not a big deal, though.

Thanks man! I appreciate it! I'm glad that the Dawn reference was obvious; there aren't many bands like that around these days. Yeah, hopefully a bit more modern; 15 years of recording evolution takes its toll ;)

Yeah, you might have a point there. Maybe an extra 3dB dip @ 2kHz would have sorted it out. Let's blame it on listening fatigue ;)

/D

Nice song, and sound really fits the music. Part from 1:50-2:40 is superb, great melody. Complete album being made soon, or still singles like the info on Facebook says? :)

Nice! I like the "buried" feel the whole mix has, specially the drums, I mean it in a good way, bit of an old school black metal feel but not overdone, helps the glue and general ambience of the track. I would have made the acoustic guitars a bit lower cause they seem a bit too on top of the distorsion, but it´s still great as it is. Got any more material to listen to?

Nice song, and sound really fits the music. Part from 1:50-2:40 is superb, great melody. Complete album being made soon, or still singles like the info on Facebook says? :)

Great to hear, thanks alot! Initially we were only planning on realeasing singles, but from what we have heard, there seem to be a demand for a full lenght album, so chances are we will release one in a not too distant future. Stay tuned! :)

/D

Nice! I like the "buried" feel the whole mix has, specially the drums, I mean it in a good way, bit of an old school black metal feel but not overdone, helps the glue and general ambience of the track. I would have made the acoustic guitars a bit lower cause they seem a bit too on top of the distorsion, but it´s still great as it is. Got any more material to listen to?

Cool, thanks mate! I really appreciate your analysis :) Yeah, we experimented with different sounds and settled with a pretty prominent overall ambience; the guitars have "a lot" of both short reverb and short delays on them to create that "buried" feel that you noticed :) Much like those "old" records from the mid-90's; Storm of the Light's Bane for example.
The only songs currently available are those three on our Youtube page. (The first two are also available on Spotify, iTunes etc..guess the last one will appear in a few days ;)). We started the project early this spring, so this is what we've got so far..but there will be a steady stream of new singles, OR a full-length album in a while.

/D