Members of Fall Out Boy, Every Time I Die and Anthrax form new metal outfit

dutchy

Apr 2, 2002
Stadskanaal, Holland
Visit site
fp-1259096278.jpg
Rocksound (link is temporarily down) is reporting another new side project formed while Fall Out Boy takes a break. The new band features Fall Out Boy guitarist Joe Trohman and drummer Andy Hurley, Every Time I Die vocalist Keith Buckley and Anthrax guitarists Scott Ian and Rob Caggiano. The band will also feature bassit David Karon.

Joe Trohman explained the project and collaboration:
Scott's right hand is the reason I got into playing punk rock, hardcore and metal! Having Keith as part of the mix is insane, we all know he writes incredible lyrics but he is also a really good singer. That is showcased in Every Time I Die, but we want him to go more into singing than screaming on this project..​
Drummer Hurley is also keeping busy with Burning Empires.

I was at a bar about two years ago and heard about this. Andy Hurley is from my hometown of Milwaukee, and still lives here. I remember him drumming in different local death metal-ish bands around 2001/2002. His mom is a regular customer of mine at Starbucks (not that-that has anything to do with anything).

Keith Buckley is a good singer. I saw Everytime I Die play to an empty house last year. Great show. This should be an interesting project.

The fact that Scott has time for this project says alot about the state Anthrax is in right now...

I think its all what it is at this point. Anthrax may give us one or two new records and the various members will be here and there doing different things. They all probably understand that getting any real momentum going at this point is futile. Too long between records, too much hardship etc.... and as far as I can see thats not all a bazd thing. The guys have been around and managed to feed thier familys and live a life that is far and away better than most can. Been all around the world and rocked the socks off so many people. I think its awesome there will be another outlet to hear from Scott and Rob as well as John on the new Saint record. Whatever they do, wherever they end up Im still a fan.

This is the reason I'm so bummed Dan is no longer part of Anthrax. They seemed to be gaing some serious momentum leading up to Worship Music's release, playing Euro festivals, a Slipknot tour in the States coming up, and awesome new material being aired. As much as I love John Bush it just seems that Anthrax isn't a focal point for its members anymore, or at least can't be due to other stuff being on. John is preoccupied with AS, Scott's doing 600 things, Charlie is recording with Heavy the Fall (??), as for Frank and Rob, who knows? It just seems that Anthrax lost all momentum which is a bummer.