memories of Anvil Bitch / Dominance ... & Solitude

Anomalies

New Metal Member
Oct 19, 2012
Hi Matt, Thanks for starting this board – huge fan of Divebomb since the first TKO ‘In Your Face’ reissue and appreciate all of the hard work you have put into the label…

Since I saw Anvil Bitch listed in bands you have reached out to, I wanted to see what (if anything) is in the works regarding a reissue since you also released the fantastic Dominance reissue.

Anvil Bitch --- Always found this band fascinating since seeing them at the 'Metal Shop' in Delaware...hard to peg but a sort of minimalist thrash band with a naive charm to their songwriting and CD production that I still enjoy. Raw, early Metallica influence mixed with other regional metal stuff like Faith or Fear...still love the drumming on the track ‘Anvil Bitch'.

I’m still pining for rare Anvil Bitch stuff… I have both demos but they are dubs of dubs of dubs…

I remember years ago when it was announced on the NRR site that an official 'Rise to Offend' CD would be issued...as soon as I heard I emailed my order waaaaaay in advance to request the lowest # possible -- ended up with #10 --which if I remember correctly from an email was one of the lowest sold to the public. I still have it sealed in my collection since I have a few of the bootleg 'Kraze' discs as well (that they used to constantly remind were boots). The same email mentioned some production issue or damaged discs? ...which made lower numbers being sent out impossible. Maybe someone at NRR can shed some light on this? How many were eventually issued and sold? They were only numbered with a number - since mine is '10' and not 10/1000 or 10/2000 for example… I am still curious to know how many reissues NRR produced of Rise to Offend? or their other reissues for that matter...

Thanks for reissuing the Delaware Solitude package -- local legends -- the footage that was shot at the reunion gig in New Castle, DE I caught on youtube – thanks for that too! It was a great show and Keith’s voice was as powerful as ever…thanks again and I'll be following the new board Matt, Dave

Hi Matt, Thanks for starting this board – huge fan of Divebomb since the first TKO ‘In Your Face’ reissue and appreciate all of the hard work you have put into the label…

Since I saw Anvil Bitch listed in bands you have reached out to, I wanted to see what (if anything) is in the works regarding a reissue since you also released the fantastic Dominance reissue.

Anvil Bitch --- Always found this band fascinating since seeing them at the 'Metal Shop' in Delaware...hard to peg but a sort of minimalist thrash band with a naive charm to their songwriting and CD production that I still enjoy. Raw, early Metallica influence mixed with other regional metal stuff like Faith or Fear...still love the drumming on the track ‘Anvil Bitch'.

I’m still pining for rare Anvil Bitch stuff… I have both demos but they are dubs of dubs of dubs…

I remember years ago when it was announced on the NRR site that an official 'Rise to Offend' CD would be issued...as soon as I heard I emailed my order waaaaaay in advance to request the lowest # possible -- ended up with #10 --which if I remember correctly from an email was one of the lowest sold to the public. I still have it sealed in my collection since I have a few of the bootleg 'Kraze' discs as well (that they used to constantly remind were boots). The same email mentioned some production issue or damaged discs? ...which made lower numbers being sent out impossible. Maybe someone at NRR can shed some light on this? How many were eventually issued and sold? They were only numbered with a number - since mine is '10' and not 10/1000 or 10/2000 for example… I am still curious to know how many reissues NRR produced of Rise to Offend? or their other reissues for that matter...

Thanks for reissuing the Delaware Solitude package -- local legends -- the footage that was shot at the reunion gig in New Castle, DE I caught on youtube – thanks for that too! It was a great show and Keith’s voice was as powerful as ever…thanks again and I'll be following the new board Matt, Dave

Thanks for coming to the board!

I originally spoke with John about an Anvil Bitch reissue when we were working on the Dominance set, but they had concerns about NRR. I occasionally email him about it but at this point get nothing back from them which is a shame. I don't have the reissue, but i have heard the running order is messed up with the B-side first on the CD.

I have personally had the cd remastered myself since i heard Ann did not have it done for the reissue. I would love to do a complete set with the demos and stuff, but it is unlikely. with their festival appearance in Europe this year you would think they would want something for the fans to pick up.

Solitude was an easy one for me. No question it had to be done, just took a year of bugging them and then they took me seriously. hahaha. And now it's available for all! Reunion show was awesome and dare i say they sounded better that night then back in the day. they were a beast and the video doesn't really do it justice. i hope we can get one more out of them eventually.