Mercyful Fate or Warlock reunion for PP?

JosephAcevedo

Jul 31, 2005
Las Vegas
www.myspace.com
I think they'll make great additions. Mecryful Fate haven't been together for 6 years and if the classic line from the era "Don't break the Oath" were to unite It would soo be a dream for me.

Also seeing Doro Pesch reuniting with the classic 1986 Warlock would be great! I think she is one of the best singers in metal and she doesn't get the attention i believe she deserves. It was singers like her that paved the way for bands like Sinergy and Lullacry .

Anybody else for Mercyful Fate or Warlock reunion for PP?

Definitely not. I don't see them as either a Power or a Prog metal band that would be at ProgPower...

At least that's what I think.

I like the idea of a Warlock reunion, or even just Doro herself for that matter.

I really like old Mercyful Fate and would love to see them live, however I dont think they would be a good fit for PP, dunno..doesn't seem right.

I also really enjoy Mercyful Fate, but I am ashamed to say I have never heard Warlock. Any bands that are similar and some album suggestions?

Hmm, I think the closest MF should get to ProgPower is the "Black Funeral" cover that Therion performed. I've heard stories about 'the King' -- and/or his tour-people -- that would make me leery of suggesting MF or KD for any show.

Harvester said:
I am not a fan of MF and Doro has played at the Brave Words Fest.

'Nuff said.

Glenn H.

Well then, how 'bout some Blue Oyster Cult? Maybe you can be onstage and playing the cowbell Glenn?