Mesa mark v, engl Ritchie Blackmore, real drums - metalcore

amarshism

Oct 15, 2008
Brisbane CBD
As above, mark v double tracked on one side and engl Ritchie Blackmore on the other side. Drums are all real except for the kick and the the snare has a slate sample riding about 9db under the Ludwig. Kit was orange county. Bass was an ampeg svt 3 into a GK cab iirc mic'd with a d6. Guitars were my ESP horizon and the customshop robin I got off lasse last year. Due to budget constraints with the band and time constraints due to my touring schedule and the bands time frame the cd was edited and mixed in about 8 hrs. Gotta couple of recalls before handing over the cd in a few days ie, hats brutally loud lol.

Anyways

[YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkjcVmVHuAU[/YouTube]

Thanks dude. Unfortunately the mix was quick as there was buttloads of editing to be done. There also wasn't any prepro done so the arrangements just had to stay as they were. I wouldve changed alot.

Oh I get you. I was thinking that. If I had the opportunity to reamp I would have. Gain was probably sitting around halfway on both amps. I was concerned about having too much gain, in the end, probably could've had more.

Would love to hear an hq version of this man, sounds like the guitars have some serious character to them. Everything sounds pretty well balanced, although the psuedo-mono youtube upload makes the snare loud as fuck.

I can't wait to upload a track I just mixed today. I think I prefer the guitar tone on it better. But thanks heaps. I'm trying to eschew samples altogether really. I don't know why, I just feel compelled. Maybe I'm turning into gareth. I believe this track was just a slate kick, and a slate snr blended fairly quietly for some more body. Any suggestions? Handing off in a couple days after 'straya day holiday.