Meshuggah - obZen

Okay, I researched pineal gland, and this is what I got:

Wikipedia said:
The secretory activity of the pineal gland has only relatively recently become understood. Historically, its location deep in the brain suggested to philosophers that it possessed particular importance. This combination led to its being a "mystery" gland with myth, superstition and metaphysical theories surrounding its perceived function.

René Descartes, who dedicated much time to the study of the pineal gland,[16] called it the "seat of the soul" [17]. He believed that it was the point of connection between the intellect and the body. [18]. This was in part because of his belief that it is unique in the anatomy of the human brain in being a structure not duplicated on the right and left sides. This observation is not true, however; under a microscope one finds the pineal gland is divided into two fine hemispheres. Another theory was that the pineal operated as a valve releasing fluids, thus the position taken during deep thought, with the head slightly down meeting the hand, was an allowance for the opening of these 'valves'.

The pineal gland is occasionally associated with the sixth chakra (also called Ajna or the third eye chakra in yoga) or sometimes the Seventh (Crown) chakra. It is believed by some to be a dormant organ that can be awakened to enable telepathic communication.[citation needed]

The pineal gland has relevance for Discordianism which is rooted in Californian psychedelic culture.

Writers such as Alice Bailey, considered an early proponent of the new age movement, use the pineal-eye as a key element in their spiritual world-view...(see Alice Bailey: "A Treatise on White Magic")

So, I hope this helps anyone trying to puzzle out the lyrics.

What has me stumped is pravus. I looked it up, and I found some secret island in a role-playing game. The word has to mean something, right?

I loved this stanza/verse:

If given a thousand years to collect,
To process, to portray
- We could never encompass the voracity
Of one single day

Simple, but elegant...

i thought destroy erase improve was better(thought thats my favorite album by 'em) but all in all, its a solid album

Grab a dozen of self-confessed Meshuggah fans and ask them which album is their absolute favourite and most likely you’ll see yourself between a tumultuous discussion for consensus. While some will argue that “Chaosphere” is their up-most brutal and brilliant work, others still favour their breakthrough release “Destroy, Erase, Improve” and its fusion of Thrash Metal with Jazz elements and there’s also the ones who cannot get their senses straight ever since the sludgy, droning “Nothing” or the darkly intricate “Catch 33” albums came out.
This scrutiny would only reinforce the notion that the Swedes are masters of experimental Metal and all their works since 1995’s “Destroy, Erase, Improve” have all become classics. So, the probability of a new Meshuggah record going to sound sub-standard is minimum, if not impossible. Whatever the preferences you cherish the most on Meshuggah’s sound, their newest work “ObZen” will hardly disappoint any aficionados, even though it’s a more streamlined work than its two predecessor releases “Nothing” and “Catch 33”.

Review posted on Scratch the Surface Webzine.
More info at: scratchthesurface-webzine.blogspot.com

how many vinyl versions are there? which is the rarest? I see red and gray. Thanks.