{-MESHUGGAH STYLE-} (POD HD Pro, Metal Foundry)

clems6belio

Yogurt as Lead3rs
Mar 2, 2012
Bordeaux (FRANCE)

Hi guys, need feedback for this mix !! :)

_Guitar is an Agile 8 string (used for bass too haha).
_Pod Hd Pro with ENGL model.
_Superior Drummer with The Metal Foundry expansion (and a littl' bit Evil Drums).

Mix with Ableton Live 8 and various plugins (waves, izotope...)

Any advices, issues ? Anything ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys !
I wrote some infos on soundcloud but, here is :

_Guitar is an Agile 8 string with DiMarzio D-Activator set. (bass done with it too haha)
_POD HD PRO (ENGL) - HPF at 120Hz, LPF 10kHz, removed some fuzzy peaks around 3kHz, that is all.
_Bass : 1 clean track, heavily low-passed (around 300Hz), 1 distorded track (EzMix 2 high gain guitar preset, maybe 51dvm...)
_Drums are Superior Drummer, Metal Foundry extention whit a littl' bit Evil Drums' snare (ludwig black beauty to add some... bulk), based on Fredrik Thordendal "Bleed" preset, changed snare, kick and oh mix.
_Drum buss with EzMix 2 preset "Stereo Room" which works fine for me here hehe.
_Master with iZotope Ozone 5 Maximiser, and some Waves Mercury Bundle plugins... crazy plugins.

do you have the preset for the podhd? I'd greatly appreciate it if you posted it.

This sounds pretty solid, my only small critique would be that the snare lacks body. It actually works within the context, but i think a little 200-400ish would go a long way in making it sound cooler.

awesome :) i like your drums mixing
link for superior drummer presets please?
and drums mix process screenshots? please :)

Thanks for the feedback !!!

I'll share the pod preset next week, and for those who want, the sd metal foundry preset with screen shots from the process.
So, the main problem is the snare, ok thanks, gonna take care of it next time !!

Thanks again for the feeback, I really need advices, impressions on this ! :)

honestly, to me it's missing a lot of depth, punch and overall IMPACT, if you will.

Drums do sound good but the kick could defo come up and I'd personally tame the snap or sustain on the SNR if you have access to a Transient Designer type plug-in.

Not bad, though!