MESHUGGAH: 'The Ophidian Trek' DVD Teaser

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Commemorating the 25th anniversary of the recording of their first EP, Swedish experimental extreme metallers MESHUGGAH will release a concert DVD / 2CD set and Blu-ray, "The Ophidian Trek", on September 30 via Nuclear Blast. With visual footage shot in the U.S. and Europe during "The Ophidian Trek" tour and festival footage from Wacken Open Air 2013 in Germany, the live audio was processed and edited by MESHUGGAH guitarist Fredrik Thordendal, mixed by Daniel Begstrand (DIMMU BORGIR, BEHEMOTH) and mastered by Mats "Limpan" Lindfors (ROXETTE, OPETH, MANDO DIAO).The official "The Ophidian Trek" DVD teaser is available below.Comments MESHUGGAH drummer Tomas Haake: "We're really stoked about this new MESHUGGAH live DVD! "It's been four years since the release of 'Alive', and with the band celebrating 25 years, we felt that we just had to get another one of these puppies out there! "Audio/video was recorded during our European stretch of 'The Ophidian Trek' tour, as well as at the Wacken Open Air festival — and we're super proud of how it came out!"For this one, we used the extremely talented photographer Anthony Dubois for filming and editing, etc., and he's really done a stunning job with it! "Hope you guys dig it, and here's to another 25!! (or maybe just a little less;-) )” "The Ophidian Trek" track listing:Live DVD:01. Swarmer02. Swarm03. Combustion04. Rational Gaze05. obZen06. Lethargica07. Do Not Look Down08. The Hurt That Finds You First09. I Am Colossus10. Bleed11. Demiurge12. New Millennium Cyanide Christ13. Dancers To A Discordant System14. Mind's Mirrors / In Death - Is Life / In Death - Is Death15. The Last VigilLive CD 1:01. Swarmer02. Swarm03. Combustion04. Rational Gaze05. obZen06. Lethargica07. Do Not Look Down08. The Hurt That Finds You First09. I Am ColossusLive CD 2:01. Bleed02. Demiurge03. New Millennium Cyanide Christ04. Dancers To A Discordant System05. Mind's Mirrors / In Death - Is Life / In Death - Is Death06. The Last Vigil"The Ophidian Trek" is MESHUGGAH's second live DVD, the first being 2010's "Alive", which debuted at position No. 8 on the Billboard Music DVD chart.MESHUGGAH in June returned to North America for a tour celebrating the band's 25th anniversary. Opening for them was North Carolina's BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME.MESHUGGAH played a very special 25th-anniversary set by performing selections from its entire discography and some rare songs that haven't been played live in many years. In an interview with Australia's Loud magazine, Mårten Hagström was asked what the next step forward for MESHUGGAH is, creatively. "I have no idea, and I never do," he said. "And I think that's a good thing, 'cause people sometimes say that we're pretty unpredictable, but I don't really think we are, because we have a sound that's been with us since at least like the 'None' EP (from 1994), that's very us. [laughs] It doesn't really change all that much, but it's still a progression, and what I mean by taking a step forward is that we're still, we've been around now. We're veterans in this game [laughs], and we're still having fun with what we do, with experimenting with the music that we want to create. So as long as it feels like we're making it better, and as long as it feels like we're doing something that we can at least stand for and be proud of, that's all that we ask."
meshuggahophidiandvdbigger.jpg

More...