Messiah from Candlemass in Therion

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
WELL NOT REALLY. GOTCHA JASON!!!!.....well kinda.

Christofer Johnsson of the Swedish metallers THERION has issued the following update:

"We are proud to announce that:

* Piotr Wawrzeniuk will be joining us at Glachau and go with us until Krakow.
* Messiah Marcolin (ex-CANDLEMASS, MOMENTO MORI) will be joining us at Budapest and will go with us until London. He will also fly down later and join us for the finale Paris.
* Mats Levén will be joining us for the finale in Paris.
* We will be having the amazing belly dancer Arien as a special guest starting at Glachau up until London and then also for the finale in Paris.
* There will also be two more secret guests attending all shows for the tour."

Brazil's "Stay Heavy" TV show conducted an interview with Christofer Johnsson in late September 2007, the day after the band's one-off appearance at São Paulo's Citibank Music Hall. Watch the 10-minute interview below.

THERION's latest studio album, the dual-disc "Gothic Kaballah", was released in North America on February 6 via Nuclear Blast Records.

THERION and THE VISION BLEAK will team up for a European tour in December.

THERION earlier in the year announced the departure of vocalist Mats Levén (YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, KRUX, TREAT, AT VANCE), which took effect prior to the band's appearance at this year's Wacken Open Air festival in early August. His replacement in the group is Thomas Vikström, who is best known to metal fans as the voice behind CANDLEMASS' "Chapter VI" album (1992).

I think his performance on the S/T are great.
I have not heard the reunion live album, so I can't comment on how he sounds live.

I know a few European folks who saw them on the Destruction tour a couple years back, and his voice was supposedly top notch.

I don't know Therion's material enough to know whether or not he would be a good fit for them.