Metal bands that mix in Rap/Hip Hop and don't suck

NinjaGeek

Feb 22, 2007
For the more open minded people here who don't think all rap/hip hop sucks, what are some good metal bands that incorporate all this into their music? Preferably black or death metal, but anything is fine if it's good.

Reactions: InfamousDelinquent
Damn I'd like to hear some of that too! Right now I play at least one metal and one rap album a day... and I was just thinking yesterday how awesome it'd be if there was a band that mixed extreme rap with kvlt black metal.

Unfortunately I think the mixing of rap & metal has been bogarted by generally poser-type bands who do a real lame attempt at it. Rage Against The Machine is what I'd call the closest to a quality mix of metal and rap that I've heard but they don't really have all that much of either. Necro is awesome but I'm not sure there's really very much metal in his stuff.

Rage Against The Machine is the closest I can think of. I'm not a huge fan, but their first couple were pretty good.

You might want to check out some of the groovier 90's Hardcore bands. I was never very into those bands, but some of what I've heard the vocals almost approached "rapping" at times.

I've thought of forming a Prog. Rap Metal band before. The instrumentals would be like tech death, except sounding like the extreme looped beats I've heard on commercials for some games.

I'm also interested in finding bands like this, the problem is that doing that would get them hate from the Metal community.

You can try searching Metal bands on myspace and putting hip-hop artists in influences. Or you can search Hip-Hop and put metal bands in the influences.

I found this band from searching in Hip Hop and putting Burzum in influences.

http://www.myspace.com/louchano

The music is in Italian though.

I also like rap/hiphop. I'm open but skeptical of the concept of combining rap & metal and producing anything but garbage.

Well when checking out the cripple bastards myspace on my other thread I found out they recently released a song on a rap compilation album.

http://www.myspace.com/cripplebastards

the track is regresso tumorale. I checked out the rest of the album and there wasn't much other metal, but still a cool album for rap/hip hop.

Pain of salvation-Scarsick. Or atleast parts of it.
Daniel Gildenlow raps better than 90% of rap/hip-hop artists :lol:
Shoot me for this but i actually like the album :p

not really... rap and metal have been mixed a bunch of times, just not well. But it's not so far fetched to think it can't or hasn't been done.

I also like rap/hiphop. I'm open but skeptical of the concept of combining rap & metal and producing anything but garbage.

this sums up my thoughts as well.

like religion and science...you can have both if you compartmentalize enough, but you don't wanna mix that shit into some pseudoscience pseudoreligion...you get scientology.

if you want some good hip-hop recs, I've got plenty. but there is no good mix.

Or no good mix that we know about. If a band is Metal but has a rapper then neither the metal or rap fans would like them. Rage Against The Machine is the closest thing and they have Metal moments and its not impossible to imagine them metaling up their sound.

Skepticism is not necessary. Rap & metal together would be great, the only thing is that it has to be legitimate instead of poseur-esque.

I'd totally join a prog rap metal band.

Or no good mix that we know about. If a band is Metal but has a rapper then neither the metal or rap fans would like them. Rage Against The Machine is the closest thing and they have Metal moments and its not impossible to imagine them metaling up their sound.

no easier than imagining rock-capable Fun Lovin' Criminals or Everlast or KottonMouth Kings making "Metal"...hell Sentenced went from DM to Gothic, and Samael from BM to Industrial...but you no longer have the same shit as before.

not really... rap and metal have been mixed a bunch of times, just not well. But it's not so far fetched to think it can't or hasn't been done.

It is far fetched. The two genres simply do not mix, and that's not to say that one is necessarily better or worse than the other.