Metal Bargains

TENTH DREAMER DECEIVER

Halcyon Way Sufferer
Jan 7, 2002
Earlier this year I picked up a used Diamond Head comp from the 80s for $.25. Today, I bought the 2006 Operation Mindcrime reissue with original album, live cd and dvd for $3.00 brand new.

yeah it is great to get stuff like that at used stores. I have gotten a lot of my back catalog stuff that way. Lots of my older Testament, Overkill, Kreator and stuff on CD. All each for under 5 bucks. Saw Scorpions - Savage Amusement yesterday for under a buck but it was so beat up.

Yeah the used cd store by me is run by folks who have no knowledge of metal which is great.

I got two Riot CDs (fire down under and restless breed) for $4.99 each a while back.

Got the ST cloven hoof there too for like $6.99

Yeah the used cd store by me is run by folks who have no knowledge of metal which is great.

I got two Riot CDs (fire down under and restless breed) for $4.99 each a while back.

Got the ST cloven hoof there too for like $6.99

Their only knowledge of "metal" is the super mainstream stuff from what I've seen.

My finest metal hour is finding original vinyl presses of Melissa, Defenders of the Faith, Turbo, Balls to the Wall, Thunder in the East, Killing is My Business, Bomber, Motörhead, and a couple more for for a buck each at a thrift store in Peachtree City GA.

One thing about living in a very music-savvy city...I have almost no chance of finding something like this just laying around in a store. There's too many other people ready to jump on anything noteworthy in seconds, or, the people working at the stores recognize what they have and price accordingly.

Used to find cool and rare stuff all the time, but it is becoming increasingly difficult to anymore it seems. One local used cd spot always had great shit at one time, every time. Found assassin interstellar experience there, kreator terrible certainty, bolt thrower warmaster, and a ton of others. I would say my shining moment though was finding the original silence vision cd for a few bucks at a book store. Sadly hit hard times though a few years back and sold it for 800 to a rabid collector.