Metal-bass plugins (and guitar cranking)

op76

New Metal Member
Sep 29, 2008
What are the best plugins for direct bass recording? Hope you have at least one good for free there :) Also, what impulses you use?

One other question...what is cranking guitars? I know it sounds heavy, but how should I do it?

It's when you turn your guitar's volume knob to 11. You will need a guitar that goes to 11 though.

why do I suddenly feel like Martin Birch, Colin Richardson, and Andy Sneap all rolled up into one?

Well to properly crank guitars you must turn your cab upside down and remove the casters and then install a leveling device that will raise the cab off the ground. Then you install a handle on the side and use it to CRANK the cab off the ground.

I once turned my volume knob on my guitar all the way around and it got louder - it really was an amazing thing - I thought the skies had opened up and God had reached down and given me the tone of Zeus almighty.

I was affraid to touch the tone knob however in fear that I might bring about the apocalypse - the four horsemen of metal coming to claim my soul.

God forbid I change my strings and stop time itself.

Sweet jebus!!!

you need to find a volume pot for your guitar that doesn't stop, it just keeps spinning, getting louder and louder until your amp eventually blows up. you need safety goggles though. crank smart!

Ok. I propably said something terribly wrong...sorry. I ment cranked sound, like one sample from LePou's 456 plugin, I believe it was second one. Cant get link to it, because Im browsing with my phone.

What about those bass amps and cabs? (I know, this is desperate attemp to get rid of all insulting I get for that misunderstanding I had)

oh you meant cranked SOUND...if thats the case then dont turn the knob to 11....You want to find an amp with a knob thats gonna go to 18

1267194785465.jpg