Metal Blade Records to release classic SLAYER albums

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
Metal Blade Records to release classic SLAYER albums on colored/blood splattered vinyl!
Available for the first time in North America, SLAYER colored vinyl re-issues of the first four official SLAYER albums originally released by METAL BLADE RECORDS. SLAYER continues to be a keystone artist in METAL BLADE RECORDS’ vast catalog. Year in and year out HELL AWAITS and SHOW NO MERCY, in particular, endure as staples in every metalhead’s collection, and now, along with LIVE UNDEAD and HAUNTING THE CHAPEL, are available for the first time in unique “blood” splattered color vinyl! These are a must for all collectors and will be available August 5th 2008.
Hell Awaits - gold w/ red splatters
Show No Mercy - red w/ black splatters
Haunting the Chapel - clear w/ red splatters
Live Undead - silver w/ red splatters

In case somebody cares (which I don't :lol: )

I don't listen to vinyl but it is a cool concept... and probably a futures collectors item especially since everything is being phased out like CD's etc.

how about they do one of those new remastered and expanded versions of some of those slayer albums like they did with fates warning and lizzy borden

remastered, no, expanded yes. :kickass: I like when bands add more songs especially cover songs they do better or live versions of their own songs... much like Emperor did with Bathory's A Fine Day to Die song on the Nightside Eclipse album when it was expanded.. :kickass:

remastered, no, expanded yes. :kickass: I like when bands add more songs especially cover songs they do better or live versions of their own songs... much like Emperor did with Bathory's A Fine Day to Die song on the Nightside Eclipse album when it was expanded.. :kickass:

why don't you want it remastered? every metallica album released before 1991 is remastered they just don't make a big deal about it. it cleans up the sound a lot. you are thinking of remixing when they butcher an album by adding stuff that wasn't there

AJFA is remastered?

I think it should be re-released with the bass put back in

if you look in the book for their cd's now it says "as of 1994" then some bullshit about their fanclub. the remastered the albums and started printing that in the books. yes the job if horrible but its still a remaster