Metal Bootleg Database

MetalGoddess639

DIS-Member
May 14, 2004
USA
www.metalbootlegdatabase.com
=============================================================================================

Basic Outline for Collecting Data:

==============================================================================================

Basic Page Outline:

I will be putting together a comprehensive web page for metal bootleg traders around the world.
The basic idea of this huge database I'm creating is to give information for metal bootlegs
all in one centrally located place, instead of traders spending hours on several different
pages. If there is one centrally located web page with all the information a trader needs, then
I believe it would be very helpful for traders, tapers and all people who enjoy metal music.
This page will encompass all forms of trading, not just snail traders, because there are
many people who trade online and move in different circles than snail traders who also would
benefit from this page and information.I will be running this page off my personal server, and
by the time it is up will hopefully have a T3 connection for it.

=============================================================================================

How to send me the information:

1) you can send it through a messenger service if we both have each other on our contact lists.
2) you can e-mail it to me at: metal_goddess@comcast.net

==============================================================================================

How the information should be set up:

Its easiest for me if you put all the information on a Notebook text file. The Notebook text
file transfers really easily to HTML on a web page.

Basic things a trader will find on the page:

1) A Trade Tutorial: I already have this option on my trade page for new traders and traders
looking to start trading in different ways. This section encompasses trading by snail mail or
postal mail, FTP, DC++, Soulseek, Messenger Programs, How to set up your own FTP, or any other
possible way of trading online and offline.

2) Logos: Band logos are an important part of any traders life. Traders use them for making
covers and some use them for making their trade sites.

3) Fonts: Fonts are also an important part of a traders life. These can be used for covers
as well as web pages too.

4) Tracklists & Setlists: Basically tracklists and setlists are really the same basic thing.
I will need all the tracklists of all the metal bootleg out there for trade. I know, I Know
that's a HUGE undertaking, but the idea is to have the database in one place for traders.

5) Tour Dates: This encompasses all the tours dates the band/artists has played in their
career. This will make it easier to find the correct date for a certain gig you might have
without the proper date.

6) Covers: This is another HUGE undertaking, but its needed. I want to have as many metal
covers as possible on the site for traders so they don't have to search for days on end for
covers.

7) Metal Links: This will include any revelant helpful trader information. There will be
metal traders page links, fan sites links,and any other trade related links.

8) Metal Lyrics: I want to include metal lyrics on the site or at least links to them.

9) Bootleg Trading News: This will basically give recent updates and news about trading
and what's going on in the trading community.

10) Bootleg Traders: This will be a list of traders, what they trade and what they will trade
for. I will only put traders on this list with their info if they requests it.

11) Monthy Featured Bootleg Trading Site: I will feature a different trading site each month.
There will be a short article about teh trader who owns the site and their wants and dislikes.

12) Metal Web Rings: This site will have lists of all the metal web trading rings that can
be found and how to join.

What I Need From You:

Its simple:

Information on metal bootlegs. I do have some information myself that I have collected over
the years, but I need the help of other traders in order for this to work and for it to be
a workable web page for ALL metal traders of all kinds of metal.

How To Set Up The Information & What I'm Looking For:

1) Tracklists/Setlists: Tracklists & Setlists I need are any metal bands other than Iron Maiden.
Since I'm a pretty big Maiden trader I pretty much have amny avenues and places I can verify and
get Iron Maiden information. In this packett you will find a text file called "tracklists", this
text file has the set up for how and what I need in information. I need the following information
for tracklists:

Venue
City
Country/State
Date
Band/Artists
Tracklists/Setlists
Tour
# Of CD's

I will have the basic outline on the "tracklists" text file.

2) Covers: Although I have about 4500 bootleg covers myself, I still do need covers for shows
that I don't have covers for yet. And again this excludes Iron Maiden because I have about
1200 Maiden covers myself and at my disposal many more than that.In this zip package i will
include a list of the bootleg covers i presently have already to keep us from getting the same
covers over and over again.

3) Logos: I need many metal band logos for other traders. I will include a list of the bands I
need logos for.

4) Fonts: I need many band/artists fonts for covers designers and web designers. I will include
a list of the bands/artists I need.

5) Tour Dates: I need tour dates of ALL metal bands including Iron Maiden. This encompasses
all the dates the badn/artist has had in their career.

6) If you are a bootleg trader and want your site listed in the links area under metal bootleg
traders then please e-mail me your site info and URL to metal_goddess@comcast.net

This is basically it. Please make sure that all your information is in Notebook text format.
NOTHING ELSE!

Thanks!
MP

You can find the rest of the layouts and information on my web page in the News Section on
the first index page. Just scroll down and you will see the news section. There is a zip file you
can download from there with what I have and what I need.

http://dementedthinkingtrades.no-ip.com

metalbootlegdatabase@comcast.net