Metal From Finland Awards

Wow, I had already started to wonder if they were really going to make another competition. Even though I vote daily I didn't noticed until now. :rofl:
Thank you for the info. :rofl:

Usually these votes check your IP address and you can only vote once. So, I believe there is no point to fake these results by hitting vote per day for the same artist.

that's disappointing news. but i wouldn't consider it to be faking the results, just making sure the top artist is where they belong!:headbang::headbang:

Usually these votes check your IP address and you can only vote once. So, I believe there is no point to fake these results by hitting vote per day for the same artist.

i have a dial-up and i believe my ip changes every time i get in the net...
not sure though.. id have to check it.

but if it gets you up high the list guys then i really dont mind having some of my votes being invalid. i rather have that habit of voting for you everytime i open the browser!

with love
your Swamplady

i have a dial-up and i believe my ip changes every time i get in the net...
not sure though.. id have to check it.

but if it gets you up high the list guys then i really dont mind having some of my votes being invalid. i rather have that habit of voting for you everytime i open the browser!

with love
your Swamplady

Well, Doesn't MFF have a counter that says how many votes an artist has? If they are invalidating multiple votes from the same IP, then that counter should not change, I think. MFF would at least tell the user that their vote does not count or to vote the next day or something of this nature, I believe.

btw, Corialote, you have ADSL, not dial up. ADSL would have a dynamic IP, but it would be within a certain range of IPs depending on the area in which you live. I won't bore everyone with computer speak, so I will just say that you do have a dynamic IP, but this only applies when you turn your comp off and then back on. SOOOOOO, i said all that to say that you DO have a dynamic IP, but MFF is not penalizing people for voting more than once with the same IP

I just voted once and I don't think I'll vote anymore, I want to see how far they can get with more people voting instead of just the same persons. I'd like to see if they are now really recognized by the people or they just have a small but loyal fanbase. I think it would be more fair for the competition, and the band. If I had a band and competed on it, I'd like to see if my music is expanding through the people but, in the end, this is just my opinion.

Finally here's the results: http://www.metalfromfinland.com/awards/

Well, what did you expect... nearly the same as last year. BUT: For the revolution is on 4th place for the best album, Lede is on 8th place for the best bassist. And Marco is on the 7th place of the best keyboarder, which I nearly overlooked (shame on me^^)

So, I would say it's definitely something :headbang:

at least we got to get some of Kalmah 'characteristics' up the ladder ;) hopefully sb stops and thinks "Kalmah? I havent heard of them- gotta check them out!"

Why doesnt Timo have 'Kalmah' in the brackets?

Mmm... I didn't expect to turn out like this. I wanted more Kalmah in there. D:
I'm sick of the tarja-nightwish thing btw.