Metal Grammys

Unlit Flames

Carpathian Crypt
Dec 26, 2001
ok i have recently read the grammys list and it pissed me off. believe me i was that bored so i went back and read it since i didnt watch it. and i was offended by things like best caterring for the drummers assitant of a pop album shit like that and all i heard was best "metal" album and best "metal" artist.

1st: All of you post nominees for a award and i will write em down . I will post em and keep the scores secret. Look i dont give a shit about who wins so dont worry.

2nd: here is hard part. Well i'll make it easier by saying u put in best album of late 2000 (Sept -Dec) thru now.

3rd u vote... not on a poll but just say one/ if you do say more then i get to choose among those which isnt good cuz i listen to misfits which "real metalheads hate". i tally up and stuff like that.

Exclusions. Album cannot be like in the mainstream (slipknot, linkin park, Slayer (give me more insight on that) etc. etc. you get the gist of it.

Why i'm not showing results cuz all u would do then is complain i will only show results of top 5.

Calm down people, its time to let the dream die. Slayer has indeed became mainstreem. Their sound its way more accesible since diabolus in musica, they tour with mainstream bands, they are pretty much more on the mainstream side than on the metal side this days.

If I may qoute a new Slayer lyric, "I keep a bible in a pool of blood so that none of its lies will effect me!" Now does that sound like something the "mainstream" would listen too? No. Just because they tour with some nu-metal band does not make them mainstream.

Originally posted by blakmetalemp
If I may qoute a new Slayer lyric, "I keep a bible in a pool of blood so that none of its lies will effect me!" Now does that sound like something the "mainstream" would listen too? No. Just because they tour with some nu-metal band does not make them mainstream.

To quote the musical genius Fred Durst:

"I hope you know I pack a chain-saw. I'll skin your ass raw. And if my day keeps going this way I might break your fucking face tonight"

And the mainstream listens to this too....

Obviously, Slayer are a different prospect to L.B. And the way Araya screams that line is just spine tingling...

Originally posted by requiem
Obviously, Slayer are a different prospect to L.B. And the way Araya screams that line is just spine tingling...

Not to mention Fred's line just sounds stupid! I'd whip that punks ass anyday! You can keep Tom A away from me though...

Slayer is starting to sound like a Limp Bizkit except their lyrics and notions arent that stupid. I consider them mainstream cuz of concert turnout. Last time they toured there were about 100 ppl there. NOW the place was packed and there were around a few thousand ppl there.

Originally posted by Unlit Flames
Slayer is starting to sound like a Limp Bizkit except their lyrics and notions arent that stupid. I consider them mainstream cuz of concert turnout. Last time they toured there were about 100 ppl there. NOW the place was packed and there were around a few thousand ppl there.

How old are you?

Originally posted by Unlit Flames

Oh man, stop! I've seen Slayer on every tour since '85, and they've ALWAYS packed them in to standing-room only shows!

If the last time you saw them only 100 people turned up, then they must have been on the ill-fated "Tattoo the Earth" thing or whatever.