Metal Hammer, Golden Gods Awards

Nov 15, 2004
UK
www.biomechanical.co.uk
Hey dudes,

Was wondering if anyone went to the Metal Hammer awards?

We were hanging around upstairs thanx to Earache and met some awesome guys including Zak Wilde, Lemmy and Nico Mc Brain.

Also met up with our buddies from Head On, Gutworm and the dudes from 3 Inches of Blood who we met in the US (cool band!).

I have to say, Anthrax kicked absolute ass!!! :headbang: :headbang:
Old fucking school brought the house down!!
Hell, they had more energy than the younger bands, what tha?

I also thought Shadows Fall were awesome!!

Only complaint, free booze was in very short supply and the only thing available in the end was Jägermeister tubes (one of which was shoved down my throat by Andy Sneap- Andy you crazy fuck!!! :) )

Other than that It was all good stuff :headbang:

I was there too, was hanging around at the back-left (as you face stage) bar downstairs with my mate Robin. I think some of the guys from Gutworm were standing in front of me for a while as well (surely I cannot have mistaken that beard...)

I had a really good time, free music, lots of Guinness and music chat.

I too really enjoyed Anthrax (although enjoyed Lee's pissed up comments on the Metal Hammer forum almost as much!).

(Cheap plug for local gig as well) Anyone wanting to catch Anthrax at a fantastic small venue in the UK should come to see them at Colchester Arts Centre on July 13th... At only 50 miles north of London, John, it is not too far away from you guys! I feel confident that if you came and saw the place you would just love to play there (hint, hint...). It is an old converted church inside the remaining Roman Town Wall (capacity only 400). 3 Inches Of Blood played recently with Trivium, Chimaira are playing tomorrow, etc...

AlexGuinness said:
I was there too, was hanging around at the back-left (as you face stage) bar downstairs with my mate Robin. I think some of the guys from Gutworm were standing in front of me for a while as well (surely I cannot have mistaken that beard...)

I had a really good time, free music, lots of Guinness and music chat.

I too really enjoyed Anthrax (although enjoyed Lee's pissed up comments on the Metal Hammer forum almost as much!).

(Cheap plug for local gig as well) Anyone wanting to catch Anthrax at a fantastic small venue in the UK should come to see them at Colchester Arts Centre on July 13th... At only 50 miles north of London, John, it is not too far away from you guys! I feel confident that if you came and saw the place you would just love to play there (hint, hint...). It is an old converted church inside the remaining Roman Town Wall (capacity only 400). 3 Inches Of Blood played recently with Trivium, Chimaira are playing tomorrow, etc...

Oh, shame didn’t see you man,
Yeah it was good, I know some people complained about the changeover time but it was inevitable every band had it's own back line.

Man I have no idea with giging situ at the mo. I know the guys from the label are looking into touring and stuff but I am pretty sure it's primarily for support slots. We'll see how it goes.

I read Lee's post too :lol: It was great!

Biomechanoid#001 said:
Oh, shame didn’t see you man,
Yeah it was good, I know some people complained about the changeover time but it was inevitable every band had it's own back line.

Man I have no idea with giging situ at the mo. I know the guys from the label are looking into touring and stuff but I am pretty sure it's primarily for support slots. We'll see how it goes.

I read Lee's post too :lol: It was great!

I may have had a problem with the changeover if I had been there on my own, but as I don't see the mate I was with very often there was a lot of metal to catch up on and beer to drink. The time flew by.

I understand about the touring issues, but there is no harm in cheap plugs (other ones of mine are selling your album here too).

Just read the post on Metal Hammer Forum!

Lee when will you learn!(remember Mr Hanky :D ). You must hide your computer before you go out on the piss :lol:

AlexGuinness said:
I may have had a problem with the changeover if I had been there on my own, but as I don't see the mate I was with very often there was a lot of metal to catch up on and beer to drink. The time flew by.

I understand about the touring issues, but there is no harm in cheap plugs (other ones of mine are selling your album here too).

Sure thing, I mean a gig is a gig, it's only that it's down to Earache/ Elitist now, It sounds like a cool place though,

The other thing I failed to mention about the awards is the Air Guitar competition. There was a dude there in a Darth Vader outfit and he came second! A bird with huge boobs got the first prize (whata forking surprise hey??!!). Lord Vader should have won god dommit!!!!

I have pictures with the dude and me wearing the mask, even though I have to admit I have one (not the new one with the breathing noise but the original
from Don Post studios :D )

Biomechanoid#001 said:
Sure thing, I mean a gig is a gig, it's only that it's down to Earache/ Elitist now, It sounds like a cool place though,

The other thing I failed to mention about the awards is the Air Guitar competition. There was a dude there in a Darth Vader outfit and he came second! A bird with huge boobs got the first prize (whata forking surprise hey??!!). Lord Vader should have won god dommit!!!!

I have pictures with the dude and me wearing the mask, even though I have to admit I have one (not the new one with the breathing noise but the original
from Don Post studios :D )

Yeah, I turned round to Rob when the contestants came out and said, "her in the white top will win and Darth will come second, no matter what they do...".

Kind of a foregone conclusion.

As for Star Wars, I have to confess I am not a huge film-head. I thought they were good, but my love of films lies more in dodgy horror.

It would be cool if you were to meet one of my best mates at one of the SW conventions or something though, he has most of his legs covered exclusively in Star Wars tattoos... Needless to say, he is a HUGE fan of SW.

AlexGuinness said:
As for Star Wars, I have to confess I am not a huge film-head. I thought they were good, but my love of films lies more in dodgy horror.

It would be cool if you were to meet one of my best mates at one of the SW conventions or something though, he has most of his legs covered exclusively in Star Wars tattoos... Needless to say, he is a HUGE fan of SW.

U kiddin? I have all the SW videos!
Most versions ( I am only missing SW IV the Digitaly remastered version (first version of the digitally restored re issues) and off course the new stuff on DVD and vid!
Well if you like horror stuff talk to Chris Webb.
His laughs his ass off when somebody get mutilated , eaten alive or diced through some kind of a grinding machine :tickled:
It's all good fun!

Biomechanoid#001 said:
U kiddin? I have all the SW videos!
Most versions ( I am only missing SW IV the Digitaly remastered version (first version of the digitally restored re issues) and off course the new stuff on DVD and vid!
Well if you like horror stuff talk to Chris Webb.
His laughs his ass off when somebody get mutilated , eaten alive or diced through some kind of a grinding machine :tickled:
It's all good fun!

No, not kidding.

He is the only bloke I know in his early 30s that has all his childhood Star Wars toys still sealed in their boxes.

The tattoo thing on his legs started eith a Boba Fet piece on one thigh, then he balanced it out with Darth Maul on the other thigh. Since then there are loads of characters, vehicles and other things I don't recognise (even the logo from Fet's armour or something?).

Some of my other mates are raving about some SW cartoon or something as well... not really sure what it is, but seems to rank highly in their esteem.

I am by no means an expert in the Horror side of things, so am always receptive to recommendations if he has any. Possibly the funniest one I have it called "The Necro Files". It is hilarious...

AlexGuinness said:
Some of my other mates are raving about some SW cartoon or something as well... not really sure what it is, but seems to rank highly in their esteem.

Yeah Lucas has done some cool cartoons. I am not sure but I think the episodes are about the fall of the Jedi and the time when Anakin goes through the Jedi trials. Not sure though
I only saw a few parts here and there.
It's pretty good,

AlexGuinness said:
I am by no means an expert in the Horror side of things, so am always receptive to recommendations if he has any. Possibly the funniest one I have it called "The Necro Files". It is hilarious...

I bet, I'll ask Chris about it, I'm sure he has seen it

AlexGuinness said:

Try "Mermaid in a Manhole", "Flowers of Flesh and Blood", "The Red Rooms 1 & 2", "Organ" and (especially) "Mordum".

If you find those funny you're a sicker man than me... :)

Greetings!,So we want to talk Horror!!
Oh yes my friend! its me The Minister is in the House!! Listening to Your Evil 4 as i speak!! Well done Mindgrinder is one i played since i got it!! but will now.
And of course The Biomechanical Track pure class..
Myrkskog!!!! stunning right the ministers alley!!
Luv, Death, Horror,Booze but most of all METAAAAALLL 665.5

The Minister said:
Greetings!,So we want to talk Horror!!
Oh yes my friend! its me The Minister is in the House!! Listening to Your Evil 4 as i speak!! Well done Mindgrinder is one i played since i got it!! but will now.
And of course The Biomechanical Track pure class..
Myrkskog!!!! stunning right the ministers alley!!
Luv, Death, Horror,Booze but most of all METAAAAALLL 665.5

That is what too many horror films can do to you...

Most of that was meant for me in a PM, I think. It is a long story!