METAL INVADER - KATAGORY V REVIEW

MEGALOUD

The Nightmare Has Begun..
THIS ALBUM IS AVAILABLE AT THE USUAL HAUNTS
ITUNES, EMUSIC, RHAPSODY, NAPSTER, AMAZON, CDBABY, MAJOR CHAINS, CENTURY MEDIA, LASERCD, THE END, NIGHTMARE and all kinds of Major Chain stores, go get it!

http://www.metal-invader.com/db/reviews-4356.html

Katagory V - Hymns Of Dissension

(Nightmare Records) Total Time: 57:56

KATAGORY V comes from Salt Lake City in Utah and they play straightforward Progressive/Power metal, with a lot of old-school Thrash elements. I had never really heard of them before, but I was glad that their newest CD fell in my hands. I admit that for a relatively unknown band, they have managed to create a quality release.

From the start of the CD, it becomes apparent that they have matured in their sound. The riffs are complicated, the hooks grab you by the balls, the rhythm section is excellent and the vocals display a very talented and powerful singer. Obviously, even though this is their fourth release, the songwriting is much more tight and consistent and all songs have a certain flow that makes the album even more enjoyable.

Overall, I was amazed by the quality of this release. My only complaint is the production, which I think could have been much better, but then again it always depends on the budget that the band had in the first place. Nonetheless, a quality release for fans of the genre that will not disappoint!

Reviewer: Spyros Papadakis

Rating: 4 OF 5 POSSIBLE POINTS

Added: November 3rd 2007

Views: 86