Metal Mastering

When you talk about mastering, does that include a Red book master CD ready for duplication, complete with ISRC codes and s**t, or are you talking about 16bit 44,1Khz Wavefiles as loud as possible?

well i just want the best my budget allows me, if i could get all the red book things and all that stuff it will be great, but my goal is just to have a proper mastered cd.
i suppose i`m talking about 44.1Khz wav files

can't speak for the others, but in my case a "master" is what you usually should call a "premaster" meaning the finished cd ready for duplication in the plant including all edits, fades, ISRC codes, the order etc, not just a folder with "loud wavs" ;).
So all the plant has got to do is making the glassmaster and duplicating from that.
for a small extra we even provide a labelcode and do all the GEMA paperwork and stuff

i normally master several cd's per month, the latest few of note being the the new November's Doom "The Novella Reservoir" and 2 full length albums at the same time for the Japanese band Sigh, all for The End Records, and i always deliver a Red Book CD master, complete with ISRC codes and printed PQ sheet, ready to send to manufacturing. this is part of the ME's job. actually i send two identical copies so that the artist or label can hold on to a safety copy, which i burn usually on Apogee or Tayo Yuden media as well as a couple reference copies burnt to whatever cheap brand i have lying around for the artist and label to listen and make any quick copies they want to make for themselves.. rather than handling the master and safety, which should be kept safe and sent directly to the plant.. preferably never even taken out of the jewel case.

Hey James, I tried to pm you to no avail. Could you give me a general rate for a 14 song album. I know we're "metal" , but I'm producing a band now, that I wan't to call "pop metal":lol: Think "Fall out boy":ill: If you could stand this type of music, I have some work for you. Anyway, we're looking for a ME.

,Thanks
Shane

Hey James, I tried to pm you to no avail. Could you give me a general rate for a 14 song album. I know we're "metal" , but I'm producing a band now, that I wan't to call "pop metal":lol: Think "Fall out boy":ill: If you could stand this type of music, I have some work for you. Anyway, we're looking for a ME.

,Thanks
Shane
hi Shane, i've cleared some space in my PM box.