Metal Merchant Festival

Greetings!

As a newbie and shameless selfpromoter, I would on behalf of METAL MERCHANTS FESTIVAL tell you all a little about this little new old school happening of ours. If I should be so rude as to post this in the wrong section, I am positive that the moderaters will help us out with the right section.

But now, when all the politeness is done, to the point:

METAL MERCHANTS FESTIVAL is a brand new festival to be held in Oslo, Norway, january 30-31 2009.
So far, these bands have been announced;

ARTILLERY (DK)
Classic thrash metal act from Denmark. Every serious thrash metaller out there has heard, and does appreciate, their classic BY INHERITANCE album. http://www.myspace.com/artillerythrashmetal

MEKONG DELTA (GER)
German trendsetters in the tech thrash genre. For those with a taste for intriguing yet aggressive thrash metal, MEKONG DELTA is THE shit! http://www.myspace.com/mekongdeltaband

VENDETTA (GER)
Not as technical as M.D., yet not one for newbies. Classic thrash metal from Germany that peaked with the brilliant album BRAIN DAMAGE. Check it out! http://www.myspace.com/vendettapower

TRIVIAL ACT (NOR)
One of the hopes of the mid nineties prog metal scene, but unfortunately they never really took off after their brilliant debut MINDSCAPE. But now they're back, and don't be surprised if they show you some new stuff for the occation. http://www.myspace.com/trivialact

ENFORCER (SWE)
Swedish newcomers ENFORCER in the classic speed metal vein is one of the more refreshing new act for ages for us that love the eighties. A band to be heard from for years to come, this is killer stuff! http://www.myspace.com/enforcerswe

WARNING (UK)
From England comes the brilliant traditional doom trio WARNING, the band behind the critically embraced and genius work "Watching From a Distance". We are quite proud to welcome Pat Walker's gang to Norway, and this will not be soon forgotten by Norwegian doomster fans and travelling friends from all over.
http://www.myspace.com/warningdoom

In addition to this (and a few more bands yet to be revealed), we have a competent crew of DJ's showing up.

Geir Fosby of Norwegian classic and long running radio show HIGH VOLTAGE will join us and play solely from his more or less complete Mausoleum Records collection.

Götz Kühnemund of ROCK HARD MAGAZINE has cut off his ponytail, but not his incredible knowledge and dedication for heavy metal, and will be at METAL MERCHANTS FESTIVAL.

Fenriz of Darkthrone will also share his all time and sudden faves, and you can be there to share it with him.
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=123087153&blogID=419962672

If anyone should have any questions, you can make contact either here, at www.myspace.com/metalmerchantsfestival or at mail@metalmerchantsfestival.com .

We hope this roster is at someone's liking, and that we'll welcome as many of you ultimatemetallers as possible.

Best regards from Norway,
Stian
MMF

That's very cool, there's never too many true metal festivals. Going to Norway and back on a midwinter weekend might be too much of a logistical and financial challenge for me though. Book a Savatage reunion and I might be able to make it. :cool:
Seriously though, good luck with the festival, you're on a good cause!:kickass:

I like a lot the line up for the festival (well, Vendetta dissapointed me so much last year when they played in Spain) but Oslo, Norway in january? I guess I would die by freeze :ill:

It's cold here at that time, no doubt about it. Could be around minus 4 degrees fahrenheit, minus 20 degrees Celsius here if we're "lucky", but I guess about 23 fahrenheit, minus 5 celsius. Fortunately we got plenty of space at the venue, and a pizza place next door.

Electric Wiz: REALLY bad timing. Electric Wizard plays here in august and november. The Norwegian doomsters have a treat november 28-29 at GUNFEST in Oslo.

Electric wizard
Cathedral
Grand magus
Mustasch
Zeppo goes to holocaust
Witchcraft
Graveyard
Lonely camel
Ansur
Årabrot
Haust
Griftegård
Sanctuary in blasphemy
Tombstones
simms-watts
Harpoona
+ 8 more bands to be announced.

As for METAL MERCHANTS FESTIVAL, we'll be throwing in a few more bands soon, so keep looking. The webpage isn't all that, since I don't have a clue, but the Myspace, Facebook and forums around will be updated with all kinds of news as soon as they exist.

Electric Wiz: REALLY bad timing. Electric Wizard plays here in august and november. The Norwegian doomsters have a treat november 28-29 at GUNFEST in Oslo.

Electric wizard
Cathedral
Grand magus
Mustasch
Zeppo goes to holocaust
Witchcraft
Graveyard
Lonely camel
Ansur
Årabrot
Haust
Griftegård
Sanctuary in blasphemy
Tombstones
simms-watts
Harpoona
+ 8 more bands to be announced.

As for METAL MERCHANTS FESTIVAL, we'll be throwing in a few more bands soon, so keep looking. The webpage isn't all that, since I don't have a clue, but the Myspace, Facebook and forums around will be updated with all kinds of news as soon as they exist.

Wow, my timing is even worse than I thought. And, yes, I did choose my screen name because I was listening to Electric Wizard when I joined this board. I still like 'em, but around that time I was listening to them alot.

Hi again, dudes and dudettes. Here's the fourth newsletter from us:

A couple of updates for the METAL MERCHANTS FESTIVAL.

First of all, we're proud to announce classic Norwegian stoner doom band VALHALL to the billing, for the first time live on stage (or alive at all) in years. A big treat for us personally, as we go a long way back with the band, and we feel it's our duty to help you all hear the great VALHALL.

Besides that, the new and refreshed homepage www.metalmerchantsfestival.com is now up and running with the help of KB at www.multipleks.no , and ticket sales will start next weekend, on september the 29th. Tickets will be available through the webpage and the record stores SOUND OF NOISE and NESEBLOD RECORDS in Oslo.

So, with only 2 more bands remaining, this is the lineup so far:

HALLOWS EVE (US)

ARTILLERY (DK)

MEKONG DELTA (GER)

VENDETTA (GER)

WARNING (UK)

VALHALL (NOR)

TRIVIAL ACT (NOR)

ENFORCER (NOR)

DJ's: Geir Fosby's all MAUSOLEUM RECORDS extravaganza, Götz Kühnemunds international true metal recordspinning circus and Gylve Fenriz Nagells "just visiting the civilization since I'm always camping" special!

We hope you all agree with us that this is turning out to be one hell of a lineup, and are looking forward to seeing as many as possible of you in Oslo january 30-31st.

Best regards

Sigurd Swordmaster, Ronny Rampage and Stian Skywalker

of METAL MERCHANTS FESTIVAL

Bump-dideli-doo. Time to headbang!

Hi again, friends and metalheads!

Ticket sales for the festival is up and running, and it could be the time to order YOUR tickets for januarys METAL MERCHANTS FESTIVAL now. Just drop us a mail at mail@metalmerchantsfestival.com , and we'll sand you the payment details.

In addition to the last DJ, Norway and Scream Magazine's own true metal guru, Leif Kringen, we've got a real treat for the real headbangers amongst you. From Canada we've got four blokes by the names of Dan, Al, Sean and Scott. The two first mentioned of course original members of legendary EXCITER, but more important now, they're one half of maniacal thrashers BEEHLER, who have decided to pay us all a visit in january. We've got a hunch that the set list won't entirely be consisting of BEEHLER demo material, so if You're a HEAVY METAL MANIAC, You know just what to do! This leaves us with the following billing so far, but still with one more band to come;

HALLOWS EVE
ARTILLERY
BEEHLER
MEKONG DELTA
WARNING
VENDETTA
VALHALL
TRIVIAL ACT
ENFORCER

DJ crew: Geir Fosby (High Voltage Radio Show), Götz Kühnemund (Rock Hard Magazine), Fenriz (Darkthrone and Tyrant Syndicate) and Leif Kringen (Scream Magazine).

The place is still Kanonhallen in Oslo, and the dates are january 30th and 31st.

The last band as well as billing order will be out in short time, so stay tuned to METAL!

Please visit us at
www.metalmerchantsfestival.com
www.myspace.com/metalmerchantsfestival

Pounding metal regards,
Sigurd, Ronny and Stian

Metal Merchants Festival