Metal Mondays In Kansas City

Dolamite S. Biffle

Biffliest Person Ever
May 2, 2005
Atlantis
I started doing Metal Mondays at Revolver Rock Bar off 80th and Metcalf in Overland Park, Kansas at the beginning of April. Attendance has been good only about 1/4 of the time, so I am trying to improve that.

Revolver has a music video system so I play 90 minutes,which starts at 930, of music videos featuring Glam, Hard Rock, Metal that you can find on the radio. Then at about 11 I play a mix cd of the stuff that I have been listening to. Of course I do take requests for the following week in person at the club or advance requests via email or pm.

$2 pints of domestic beer as a special

Here is a little taste of what will be going on this week:

July 16 2007

BLACK MAJESTY - Australian Melodic Power Metal. I dont think they really sound like any other Power Metal band and have an excellent vocalist

BEHEMOTH - Their new album "The Apostasy" is going to be one of the heaviest albums to come next year so make sure you check out this the track to be played as well as the album. If you havent heard of them they are a great blend of Black and Death from Poland.

RIVERSIDE - Melodic Experimental Prog Metal. They create really epic soundscapes without being cheesy kind of reminds of later day ANATHEMA

AMORPHIS - They are getting ready to release their new album and second with their latest and in my opinion best singer Tomi Joutsen. AMORPHIS blends Death, Folk, and Doom all together into one hell of a sound. Their latest releases having been getting away from the Death and Doom and focusing more on the Folk.

Not new stuff, but good stuff:

POISONBLACK - features the ex singer from SENTENCED and they have I suppose you could call it gothic or dark sound. I think they sound basically like SENTENCED with a more mainstream side.

STAR ONE - one of the various projects done by AYREON's mastermind Arjen Lucassen.

KALMAH - I would say that they are comparable to CHILDREN OF BODOM, but with more Prog influences which doesnt mean more or better keyboards as well as rougher vocals.[/B]

Here is a little preview of this weeks mix:

July 23 2007

New Stuff........

ANUBIS GATE – Danish Progressive Power, has a slightly darker overtone kind of like NEVERMORE only more melodic I wanna say, but dont think that it is right

CAGE – Power Metal from San Diego, JUDAS PRIEST sped up to about 200 beats per minute

ENTOMBED – Death Metal, one of the inventors of the Swedish Death Metal

Not so new stuff.......

DIECAST – Metalcore, probably the finest Metalcore around

THURSAZ – Belgian Melodic Black, think old EMPEROR with some melodic parts. Most recently they Chicago Powerfest along with NOVEMBER'S DOOM and ATHEIST.

BLACK ABYSS – German Power Metal, HELLOWEEN worship done right